Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MRA Vario screen two piece solutions - Standard v Xcreen Tour  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Persimmon

• CBF Pro
Re: MRA Vario screen two piece solutions - Standard v Xcreen Tour
« Reply #20 on: 04 October, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »
Manuel
My bike is a Mark 1 from 2009 but if you have the same screen then the spoiler will auto fit. Either the standard spoiler or the larger spoiler versions I recently purchased.

Alan
Alan

Offline PEMCBF

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000Fa-B 2013
  • City / Town: County Durham
« Reply #21 on: 04 October, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »
I've got a Mk2 and the screen in the highest position is horrendous for helmet buffeting, so had to drop it to the lowest position - I'm only 5ft 7"! so what is the design point? - just purely marketing and a waste of OEM money!
Bought an MRA "touring screen" with the x-creen deflector. I thought when it said it was a "touring screen" it would be taller than the OEM - it is exactly the same height. So just causes the same buffeting!! & the taller adjustable x-creen still lets the same turbulence underneath it. So an absolute waste of over £100+.
Buy a TALLER screen with a forward flip top edge is my advice - or just put the screen on it's lowest position.
2013 Mk2 CBF1000F C-ABS. White & Black. Front fender extender. Rear Hugger. Headlight protectors. Fehling rear rack with Givi 30L top-box. Ermax lower fairings. Bagster seats. MRA vario screen. R&G Aero crash bungs. Heated grips. Radiator guard. Beowulf carbon exhaust. SW-Motec bar-risers. Fiam horn. Scotoiler. Acerbis handguards.

Offline caretaker69

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #22 on: 05 October, 2015, 08:26:51 PM »
I recently bought an add on for the standard screen on my cbf100. It cost £44 including postage from a company on the Internet and it screws directly onto the top of my standard screen. A brilliant bit of kit. ( it also fits on the top of the screen on my BT 1100 Bulldog with the same excellent results, and only takes a few minutes to change it from one bike to another.)
I can't quite work out why manufacturers don't fit a useable screen as standard.
Ditto with comfortable seats, and centre stands!
Ancientbiker70

Offline Persimmon

• CBF Pro
« Reply #23 on: 05 October, 2015, 08:33:12 PM »
If you could provide a link might be useful for anyone interested
Alan

Offline caretaker69

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #24 on: 05 October, 2015, 10:32:18 PM »
Link for a very good add on screen deflector which is "universal" on our style of bike.
Log on to eBay, put in Moto Adventure clear windscreen deflector. Costs £42.95 plus about £2 postage. I use on my cbf1000 and also on my Bt1100 Bulldog.
It works equally well on both bikes, allowing buffet free riding, and only takes a few moments with an Allen key to change from one bike to another.... No drilling holes...
I have covered 2000 miles using it. I am 5'8" tall, and the deflector is adjustable if you are taller or shorter. Before fitting the deflector, the wind buffeting would loosen your fillings.
Ancientbiker70

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #25 on: 06 October, 2015, 06:30:08 AM »
Here's a posting that shows that the MRA screen (with the Xcreen) is identical to the OEM screen.
https://www.cbf1000.com/index.php/topic,12623

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
« Reply #26 on: 06 October, 2015, 08:19:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by caretaker69 [+]
Link for a very good add on screen deflector which is "universal" on our style of bike.
Log on to eBay, put in Moto Adventure clear windscreen deflector. Costs £42.95 plus about £2 postage. I use on my cbf1000 and also on my Bt1100 Bulldog.
It works equally well on both bikes, allowing buffet free riding, and only takes a few moments with an Allen key to change from one bike to another.... No drilling holes...
I have covered 2000 miles using it. I am 5'8" tall, and the deflector is adjustable if you are taller or shorter. Before fitting the deflector, the wind buffeting would loosen your fillings.
Nice one, here's a link to the seller's eBay shop section for Wind Deflectors...
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/moto-adventure/WIND-DEFLECTORS-/_i.html?_fsub=1071909519&_sop=2&rt=nc

I like the look of the one's priced at £47.99
Here's a photo showing fitment to CBF1000 and link to the manufacturers web page....

http://www.darkojak.rkr.pl/Deflektor/
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline ManuelAlberto

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000AA 2011
  • City / Town: LONDON
« Reply #27 on: 08 October, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Persimmon [+]
Manuel
My bike is a Mark 1 from 2009 but if you have the same screen then the spoiler will auto fit. Either the standard spoiler or the larger spoiler versions I recently purchased.

Alan
Hi Alan. I jus fitted the xcreen to the hike and it does make the difference
Manuel

Alan
Hi Alan. I jus fitted the xcreen to the hike and it does make the difference. Here are some pictures
Manuel

Alan
Hi Alan. I jus fitted the xcreen to the hike and it does make the difference. Here are some pictures
Manuel

Alan

Offline macdoc

• Ex Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 2009
  • City / Town: Mississauga
« Reply #28 on: 08 October, 2015, 11:48:22 PM »
I think the vents are a very important aspect.

The best touring screen I was ever behind was the factory Honda ST1100 touring screen which also had angled vents like that.

At 150 kph was like sitting in the living room ...but move you head 6" to either side and it's a wind tunnel.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Jan to April
Australia> 04 KLR650 • 93 ST1100 sold • Canada > 09 Burgman Exec sold • 10 NT700v sold • 10 Wee ABS • 2009 CBF1000

Offline Persimmon

• CBF Pro
« Reply #29 on: 09 October, 2015, 08:18:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by ManuelAlberto [+]
Hi Alan. I just fitted the xcreen to the bike and it does make the difference. Here are some pictures

Excellent.
Pleased you are happy.
Glad I put it on my bike as the ride is so much better than before and as I am riding it thats the most important thing !!

Alan
Alan