Author Topic: Trajectoires in France  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Montblanc

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FAC
  • City / Town: Geneva
Trajectoires in France
on: 19 April, 2015, 09:41:17 PM
I joined a "trajectoires" program in France today that is organised by the organisation Motard Avant Tout. It involved a morning ride in a small group of 6 supervised by a French motorcycle policeman. He observed each of us riding on part of the 80 km circuit chosen and gave detailed personal feedback. The afternoon consisted of slow speed maneuvers on a course and a series of ateliers on safety. All in, a great day and a serious test of my riding skills and understanding of the French language.
Montblanc

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Trajectoires in France
Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2015, 03:36:37 PM
*Originally Posted by Montblanc [+]
I joined a "trajectoires" program in France today that is organised by the organisation Motard Avant Tout. It involved a morning ride in a small group of 6 supervised by a French motorcycle policeman. He observed each of us riding on part of the 80 km circuit chosen and gave detailed personal feedback. The afternoon consisted of slow speed maneuvers on a course and a series of ateliers on safety. All in, a great day and a serious test of my riding skills and understanding of the French language.

Great stuff! It is good to know riding Gendarmes are interested in passing on their expertise. Sounds as if you enjoyed the challenge!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Montblanc

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 20 April, 2015, 05:46:30 PM
We pretty much obeyed the speed limit in town, but in the countryside we rode rapidly. Interesting to be followed by a policeman at speeds that I won't disclose ...  all part of the learning experience.
Montblanc

Offline gedspeed

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW R1200RS SE
  • City / Town: Blackpool Lancs
Reply #3 on: 20 April, 2015, 06:04:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Montblanc [+]
We pretty much obeyed the speed limit in town, but in the countryside we rode rapidly. Interesting to be followed by a policeman at speeds that I won't disclose ...  all part of the learning experience.

I have done this with the police in front 95mph in a 40mph limit, this being on openish road on a demo day from a local bike shop GSX1100 if I remember correct, as you say feels weird doing it behind a cop

Ged
BMW R1200RS Sport SE , blue pearl white

Offline Montblanc

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 20 April, 2015, 06:06:22 PM
Even weirder when you are in front of them! Was expecting the lights to go on any moment.
Montblanc

diverse-leafy