Author Topic: LED Headlight bulb(s) - Has anyone installed on a CBF1000 and if so...?  (Read 40132 times)

Offline Sibbo46

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF1000 mk1
  • City / Town: Dudley
 Is it s big job to remove the fairing?  I was looking for a manual on here but only finding dead links atm.

Offline baynesy

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF1000 A6
  • City / Town: Oldham
5 screws/clips for each lower part, 2 wing mirrors, 4 bolts on the screen and 2 screws for the instrument bezel ( the bezel centre is push fit. 15 minutes maybe

Offline Sibbo46

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF1000 mk1
  • City / Town: Dudley
 :062:. Thx buddy

Offline Spacey

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF1000 A8
  • City / Town: Poole
Ok, I know no-one has posted in a while on this, but I hate making new threads if you don't have to  :027:
Just been looking at these
BEAMFLY H7 LED Headlight Bulbs 20000LM 120W 12V 6000K White
& would appreciate if anyone could help. TBH, I'm about as sparky savee as an amnesiac goldfish  :005: :087: so any advice very welcome.
Also looking at fitting these
LITTOU 40W LED Auxiliary Lights 6000K Super Bright Fog Driving Light Kits DRL for Motorcycle (2PCS Light Mounting Bracket+Protector Guards+Wiring Harness)
somewhere  :027:
Cheers
😜

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
I fitted HID conversions to each headlight from HIDS4U. Not the cheapest, but excellent products. Still going strong 6 years later and very bright with a good cut-off and meet past, and now most recent, MOT regs.

I've also fitted them to my BMW. (HID conversion now three years old)

No idea about LEDs!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Philby21

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000-8
  • City / Town: Flint
*Originally Posted by Spacey [+]
Ok, I know no-one has posted in a while on this, but I hate making new threads if you don't have to  :027:
Just been looking at these
BEAMFLY H7 LED Headlight Bulbs 20000LM 120W 12V 6000K White
& would appreciate if anyone could help. TBH, I'm about as sparky savee as an amnesiac goldfish  :005: :087: so any advice very welcome.
Also looking at fitting these
LITTOU 40W LED Auxiliary Lights 6000K Super Bright Fog Driving Light Kits DRL for Motorcycle (2PCS Light Mounting Bracket+Protector Guards+Wiring Harness)
somewhere  :027:
Cheers

I'm not sure about that particular brand but I fitted these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253757890743 to my own bike and to a friend's CBF, both of which breezed through their MOT's after fitting and they give massively improved vision when riding at night, cost about 25 a set and seem to be lasting perfectly well - although neither my friend nor myself have done much riding since fitting!

Installing them was pretty straightforward, remove rubber covers, disconnect standard lamp, undo clip, remove lamp, install plastic LED mounting (you need to rotate it to release), fasten clip, install LED and rotate fully, then turn back 2 notches (they're adjustable - I used my garage door to check the beam pattern against standard lamps), connect plugs to LEDs, stuff all the wiring inside and replace the rubber covers.

The hardest part is the fact that there isn't a great deal of room to manoeuvre so if you have large hands you'll find it all a bit fiddly.

Hope this helps a bit!

Phil

Offline Spacey

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF1000 A8
  • City / Town: Poole
Cheers Phil,
That's great info TBH. The set I mentioned is 89 & have an extra loom to fit  :087:
Your option is much cheaper & even if fiddling, easier than messing with the loom  :005:
😜

diverse-leafy