Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bridgestones  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: GTR 1400
  • City / Town: Swindon
Re: Bridgestones
« Reply #10 on: 07 June, 2007, 11:11:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Petrust [+]
I've still got the OE BT57's on mine, and like everyone else I've had a few scary moments in the wet. I've already decided I will change to Pilot Road 2's next, but even after 3500 miles there still seems to be loads of life left in the Bridgestones, and it seems almost criminal to bin two perfectly legal tyres. Decisions, decisions............

Although I haven't had a scary moments on the 057's I feel, based on other peoples comments, that I don't have that much confidence in them in the wet. But I am loathed to change them now because it seems almost criminal to bin two perfectly legal tyres.

They will get changed before the winter, either for a pair of Pilot 2 or a pair of Avons

Tref
There are only solutions

Offline nanook

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2009A-9
  • City / Town: Kingussie
Re: Bridgestones
« Reply #11 on: 08 June, 2007, 12:42:01 PM »
I got shot of my BT57s on 19th May and had BT021s fitted.  Since then I've done over 2000 miles and reckon I now have the best handling bike I have EVER had!   :495: They are dual compound so the centre of the tyre is hard compound (mine is showing no signs of squaring-off at all and no wear to speak of) and I reckon the sides are probably BT014 compound cos they are so sticky.  We have some fantastic roads in the Highlands and the BT021s make them even more of a joy to ride.  (If Mr, Bridgestone is reading this PM me for the address to send the cheque to!)  :420: probably the best sports touring tyre in the world. 

diverse-leafy