Author Topic: Exhaust valve servo  (Read 15057 times)

Offline kodde

• CBF Master
  • Bike: White CBF1000FAA
  • City / Town: Malmo
Re: Exhaust valve servo
Reply #20 on: 23 July, 2015, 12:38:13 PM
Thank you Richard.

I just wanted to be completely sure. :)

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
Reply #21 on: 23 February, 2016, 04:40:23 PM
Have just fitted the Healtech Servo Eliminator in readiness for fitting of Leo Vince tomorrow.

My pics have been inspired by r32 excellent fitting instructions on p.1 of this thread.
1. Shows existing servo unit. If replacing completely like I have done, make sure you keep safe the 8mm bolt seen at the top.

2. This shows servo removed but wiring still attached.  You will need to push in a small screwdriver in to lever  "flap" upwards to release.

3. Released showing new eliminator to the left

4. New eliminator attached.  See green "clip" taken off old servo and now fitted to new eliminator so you can clip back in original hole. I wrapped some brown tape around that exposed cabling for protection.  You'll see it on last photo.

5. New eliminator clipped in and laid flat prior towrapping with electrical tape and cable ties. I also wrapped unit with thin rubber "matting" thinking that the more protection the better though the unit itself is designed to take all you can throw at it.

Exhaust pics fitting to follow.
Last Edit: 24 February, 2016, 11:09:34 AM by knapdog
'17 cbf1000
'18 Royal Enfield Classic 500
'96 Honda C90
'83 C90C
'98 Honda Valkyrie

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #22 on: 24 February, 2016, 09:22:11 AM
Nice bit of Axminster :164:.

Given the location of the servo eliminator you might consider (a) spraying the terminals with ACF50  and (b) using some shring tubing to seal the wires  and keep any crud out.

Andy
 :149:

Offline Goffry77

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF 1000 S
  • City / Town: CASTEL GOFFREDO
Reply #23 on: 12 October, 2021, 10:34:23 PM
I re-open this topic as I don't want to open new discussions. Since we are talking about abolishing the exhaust servo motor, I would like to emphasize that in an original configuration it makes no sense to want to eliminate it. It allows you to optimize delivery throughout the entire rotation range of the engine. Personally, I had the opportunity to test the bike even with a more open exhaust and I don't think you will get any advantages in terms of tourism. The bike is less progressive and shows a gap in delivery at low revs, compensated by a torque step which is very noticeable. If you are looking for sportsmanship I think it is better to look elsewhere Personal opinion of course.

Recent Posts