Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: adelaide Insurance  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Rickr10

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000 TA GT
  • City / Town: Barnsley
adelaide Insurance
« on: 29 May, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Don't know what they are like if you make a claim, but if they are as efficient as when opening an account they will be pretty good.  My current renewal was ridicules so I tried The Bike Insurer and ended up with Hastings Direct who quoted £92.  Tried ringing Hastings to see if my advanced qualifications could get me a bit more off, but after spending 20 minutes and later 25 minutes waiting for someone to answer the phone and speak to me I gave up.

Went on to the Adelaide website and did the ring back, they phoned me within the hour I gave them detail of the Hasting quote and the reference number, 10 minutes later they rang me back and quoted £78 for exactly the same cover. Worth trying if yours is due.

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
Re: adelaide Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
Had the misfortune to claim off my IAM policy through Adelaide just before XMAS, not my fault but the other party was not insured.   Adelaide and RSA were brilliant and could not have been more helpful and pragmatic.   Everything was sorted in under 3 weeks and without fuss.  Just brilliant.

Steve

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #2 on: 29 May, 2014, 09:46:38 PM »
I'm insured with them and when I fell off on Hardnott Pass my top box hit a 4by4 on teh way up who couldn't wait. They dealt with the claim, including the porkies told by teh other driver, and I didn't even have to put anything in writing. I'm still insured with them and their service has been first class. They remind me well in advance of my renewals and contact me to offer other insurances, including cars. (Were upset when I didn't contact them for a quote on my wife's car last time!)

However like all insurance brokers they are out to make money so it is advisable to get other quotes before going to them. At my age I can't afford to change insurance firms so will be paying more as time goes by.  :003:
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • HONDA C70C, C90,
  • Bike: HONDA CB1300
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2015, 07:40:43 PM »
Thought I might give Adelaide a ring today ( though I was informed that they had now changed their name) for a quote.
My mk2 is now due and on the comparison sites MCE quoted £153 and the next was about £170 ish. As I shan't touch MCE again with a barge pole for various reasons I pick3d up the phone to Belfast.
Friendly gentleman gave me a quote for 330 odd pounds. When I told him the MCE figure he said he'd beat that in the region of about 10% provided I gave him my go compare log in and password details so he could bring the quotes up for verification.
Well if you're like me, I tend to keep the same password for lots of things so I declined his offer even though I could change my password afterwards.
I'll be sticking with the £170 . Think it was Just motorcycles  (or something like that)

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • HONDA C70C, C90,
  • Bike: HONDA CB1300
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
« Reply #4 on: 09 April, 2015, 02:52:13 PM »
To continue from above, I changed my password before I contacted them again. By the way they're now known as Cornmarket but the previous number gets you through. I found out that their system doesn't allow them to see your gocompare quotes so I gave them my Bikeinsurer quotes instead.
They not only matched them but beat them by around 10%.
I've now got a total of £350 excess,  fully comp and 90 days european cover for £161. It would have been less but they couldn't match MCE quote as that had a £650 excess (plus I wouldn't go with them anyway).
For me that's happy days.
« Last Edit: 09 April, 2015, 03:14:24 PM by knapdog »

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #5 on: 01 July, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »
My Wife's insurance is due again. Renewal from Cornmarket was just over £145.

I did a few other quotes and got it down to £128. I contacted Cornmarket, told them I could get it cheaper, and without asking me where from they dropped it to just over £119!

I renewed with them, but they still charged me £1 for paying with my DEBIT card!

Why do I have to play this game every renewal. :110:

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
« Reply #6 on: 05 February, 2016, 08:31:42 PM »
Here we go again!

My renewal from IAM surety came through today..........just under £200! :005:

A quick search, getting all the cover I require, comes back from various insurers, about £130.

I've emailed Cornmarket (or whatever they call themselves now) to see what they come back with.

I may go with one of the quotes from Compare the market anyway as I can get 2 for 1 cinema tickets as well...........yes, we do go to the cinema a lot. :001:

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
« Reply #7 on: 11 February, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »
Well, well what a surprise.

Still insured via Cornmarket with 'ageas'.......£121. A whopping £76 reduction from the first quote for exactly the same cover.

Same thing next year no doubt. :110:

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #8 on: 13 February, 2016, 08:50:33 PM »
I doubt whether I'll be able to challenge what they offer me as there aren't many insurers that will offer new insurance to a 78 year old! :161:
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

Offline shumba

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: lichfield
« Reply #9 on: 13 February, 2016, 09:42:15 PM »
 I believe the oldest UK biker is a chap called Reg Scott at 94 he still puts a few miles in,  When I remove my helmet I sometimes
 get a few blank stare and I am only 72.
 I think he said he is insured with Bennets who say they dont have an age barrier.
« Last Edit: 13 February, 2016, 09:44:16 PM by shumba »

diverse-leafy