Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bye Bye Biffer and Forum  (Read 863 times)

Offline 12peteruk

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 MK1
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Bye Bye Biffer and Forum
« on: 23 May, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »
I am sad to say that next week my MK1 Biffer will no longer be mine.  :159:

In its place will come a brand new Honda VFR800F. :495:

I have really enjoyed the Biffer, and this forum has been great. One of the very best I have been associated with. Lots of information and help when you need it.

Thank you all.

Offline johnstg2

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: Falkirk
Re: Bye Bye Biffer and Forum
« Reply #1 on: 23 May, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
Hope you enjoy your new bike. No need to leave the forum - in fact I'm sure a few of us would be interested to hear how you rate the new bike. Hope a wee review after a couple of weeks ownership isn't too much to ask.....
Boys never grow up - their toys just get more expensive.

Offline P Dubya

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sheffield
« Reply #2 on: 23 May, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »
Enjoy your new ride   :158:
Enjoy The Ride!!!

Offline Donkanator

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf 100 A-7
  • City / Town: Wirral
« Reply #3 on: 23 May, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »
Please let us know how you get on with the vfr.

Offline 12peteruk

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 MK1
  • City / Town: Hitchin
« Reply #4 on: 23 May, 2014, 06:17:59 PM »
I will update on the forum with the VFR info once I have more experience living with the bike.

I did spent over 4 hours test riding the VFR before buying, and my initial impressions are below;

Liked:
Look: Honda designers got it right. There is a clear attention to detail in how they built that bike that deserves appreciation.
Quality: Looks excellent. Materials and paint used are all good quality.
Ride: Sporty position, but comfortable overall. On standard front and rear suspension settings the bike tackled all types of roads and gave a very assured and smooth ride. I normally ride with a Standard +1 setting as I am quite heavy. At slow speeds (below 30mph) your weight is thrown onto your wrists but once you start to make progress and get some "wind lift" its fine. I am having the optional half inch bar risers fitted which should make a positive difference.
Handling: Very Good. The weight sits low down and central, meaning that the VFR can be thrown around with minimal effort, and it responds like a sports bike. On paper its heavier than the Biffer, but feels 20 kilos lighter, particularly when putting it onto the center stand. 
Brakes: Front twin four caliper brakes are very good. Back brake feels a bit "weedy" but good for slow speed control. No linked ABS anymore (which I actually liked on the Biffer).
Dashboard: Looks great, very clear on bright sunny days, lots of info, also the heated grips are integrated into the dashboard, and it has a gear indicator as well.
Self cancelling Indicators: They work really well. Perfect for lazy people like me.
LED lights front and rear: Twin headlights give out a clear white light so I am expecting good performance in low light conditions.
Luggage: Good options, and the pannier fittings are really neat. Everything works from one key. If you buy the luggage with the bike you get the same 2 year warranty unlike the 1 year warranty for after market fitted luggage.
V4 Engine: 106 bhp is enough for road riding, particularly now that the engine makes a seamless switch between two valves per cylinder at lower revs and the VTEC cutting in at about 7,500 rpm. Improved electronics have cured all of the previous VTEC gripes. The noise from the engine and exhaust is worth the price of the bike alone!.

Didn't Like:
Screen: Not adjustable, and quite low. Its irritating, but I am hoping someone brings out an aftermarket option soon.
Fuel consumption: The V4 is a thirsty engine. Hoping for 40/45 mpg overall.
Dunlop D224 OEM tires: I don't know if I like these tires or not, but I had no option to change!.
Cost of 16,000 mile service: Its going to be expensive.
Warranty: Why does the VFR1200 get a 3 year warranty and the VFR800 with the more complicated VTEC engine only 2 years?.
Traction control button: Everyone says it looks like an afterthought. I don't hate it, but the weight of opinion is correct.

diverse-leafy