Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph  (Read 11271 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline paul1964

  • Non Active
  • **
  • Posts: 58
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: King's Lynn
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #20 on: 22 May, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »
I've never fell off on the road but a while ago bought a Z750.It got delivered and as soon as the driver left i had a sit on it.I thought i put the stand down properly but no over it went with me under it. :183:

Offline John G

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 517
  • Bike: Red CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #21 on: 22 May, 2014, 11:34:19 PM »
Och man, that sort of thing's never ever happened to me but I feel your pain. And I maintain it was the hurricane force wind before Westy chips in.

John G

Offline Bifferman

  • Ex Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13028
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #22 on: 23 May, 2014, 12:17:21 PM »
Heaps more confessions on here - search 'SAD' and you will catch up on one of Rev Kens threads ont same subject.

Offline P Dubya

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 34
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sheffield
  • Country: England
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #23 on: 28 May, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »
I've just upgraded my membership to the SAD club :172: From getting my leg trapped under my 180kg Yamaha 125 scooter  :005: To toppling over on my CBF250(missus included) :430: And now on my beloved Biffer which i've on for just over a month!!! :232: :172: R & G saved the day!!! PHEW!!!
Enjoy The Ride!!!

Offline dock

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 125
  • Bike: cbf 1000 fab
  • City / Town: pontypool
  • Country: wales
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #24 on: 29 May, 2014, 12:58:41 AM »
I'm over at the TT at the moment reading this thread and I have to admit that I joined this club for the first time yesterday, we were watching evening practice at gorse lee and parked the bikes behind in the field, when we got back I jumped on my biffer and as I pulled off on a bit of a sidewards slope the back wheel lost grip, kicked sidewards and and tipped the bike at an angle that just went past that dreaded point of no return. As it when down I switched the kill switch and got my leg out of the way and just stood astride my pride and joy led on the floor. Another bloke appeared and we lifted the bike up and was amazed there was no damage whatsoever, not even a grass stain, I started it back up and gingerly off I went with my tail between my legs. I won't make that mistake again.

Offline Biker Mike

  • CBF God
  • *****
  • Posts: 6155
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
  • Country: UK
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #25 on: 29 May, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by dock [+]
I'm over at the TT at the moment reading this thread and I have to admit that I joined this club for the first time yesterday, we were watching evening practice at gorse lee and parked the bikes behind in the field, when we got back I jumped on my biffer and as I pulled off on a bit of a sidewards slope the back wheel lost grip, kicked sidewards and and tipped the bike at an angle that just went past that dreaded point of no return. As it when down I switched the kill switch and got my leg out of the way and just stood astride my pride and joy led on the floor. Another bloke appeared and we lifted the bike up and was amazed there was no damage whatsoever, not even a grass stain, I started it back up and gingerly off I went with my tail between my legs. I won't make that mistake again.
Sharp thinking there dock, although I'm pretty sure there's a sensor that kills the engine when the bike tips too far.
I think that worked as expected when I dropped mine last year, but I had my mind on other things at the time...
 :157:
Mike

Offline Bifferman

  • Ex Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13028
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #26 on: 29 May, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by P Dubya [+]
I've just upgraded my membership to the SAD club :172: From getting my leg trapped under my 180kg Yamaha 125 scooter  :005: To toppling over on my CBF250(missus included) :430: And now on my beloved Biffer which i've on for just over a month!!! :232: :172: R & G saved the day!!! PHEW!!!

If your R&G bungs hit the tarmac then you should consider replacing the fixing bolt on the offending side.  R&G recommend this even at slow speed offs, something to do with the metal used in their bolts.  Many reports on here of R&G bolts eventually giving way and leaving your with only a single bolt holding your engine on.  I would call R&G for advice and have them send you a pair of replacement mounting bolts.

Andy
 :149:

Offline PJM

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 103
  • Bike: NC750D Integra
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: England
Re: Confession - dropped bike at 0 mph
« Reply #27 on: 29 May, 2014, 08:37:21 AM »
I have fitted Puig bobbins. They are designed so as a machine part of the bobbin goes into the engine mounting 'ring' where the bolt head sits. As such the force is not on the bolt but actually transferred to the mount.

Offline P Dubya

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 34
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sheffield
  • Country: England
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #28 on: 29 May, 2014, 10:28:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
If your R&G bungs hit the tarmac then you should consider replacing the fixing bolt on the offending side.  R&G recommend this even at slow speed offs, something to do with the metal used in their bolts.  Many reports on here of R&G bolts eventually giving way and leaving your with only a single bolt holding your engine on.  I would call R&G for advice and have them send you a pair of replacement mounting bolts.

Andy
 :149:
Thanks Bifferman... The bung is loose and I was about to ask the question but you beat me to it and saved me time..   :031:
Enjoy The Ride!!!

Offline Bifferman

  • Ex Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13028
Re: Confession - dropped bile at 0 mph
« Reply #29 on: 29 May, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by P Dubya [+]
Thanks Bifferman... The bung is loose and I was about to ask the question but you beat me to it and saved me time..   :031:

R&G bolts max torque for both their Classic and Aero bungs is 40 n.M or 30 lb/ft and NOT the 60 n.M or 45 lb/ft that Honda specify for their standard engine mounting bolts.  The torque settings are with the bolts dry so take care if you grease them.  Best not to use copper grease if you do grease them as this only serves to exacerbate the corrosion between the steel bolt and alloy engine mount.

Wouldn't have expected your bungs to be loose unless it has fractured and is about to fall off or wasn't tightened correctly in the first place :005: 

Andy
 :149:
« Last Edit: 29 May, 2014, 02:19:39 PM by Bifferman »