Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitted Michelin Pilot Road 4's  (Read 14142 times)

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
Re: Fitted Michelin Pilot Road 4's
« Reply #20 on: 01 October, 2014, 03:08:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by 1madboiler [+]
.....with the pr3's fitted the rear tyre was very tight to the rear hugger, Pr4's theres a good 3/4'' clearence, now why would that be on the same size tyre?
What appears to be different, overall diameter of inflated tyre on wheel, the width or both?
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline parkmoy

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Silver 2011GT
  • City / Town: Hoveringham
« Reply #21 on: 01 October, 2014, 03:56:31 PM »
I can only echo what's been said about the PR4's. I changed after getting 3 screws in my BT23 rear one after the other. I've only done just over 200 miles on them but they are so confidence inspiring, it's like chalk & cheese. I wish my cornering skills matched the tyres capabilities!!!
It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realise that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #22 on: 01 October, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by richardcbf [+]
What appears to be different, overall diameter of inflated tyre on wheel, the width or both?
How about more slack in the chain?

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
« Reply #23 on: 02 October, 2014, 09:30:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
How about more slack in the chain?
Yeh, I was thinking that at first, but doesn't a rearward axle movement of anything like 3/4" (19mm) to take up chain slack (for tyre outer surface to have moved by that much further away from the hugger) seem unlikely?  :084:  :027:
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
« Reply #24 on: 02 October, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »
Sorry not had a chance to reply, the chain is fine etc, but the hugger with the previous tyre had around 3-4mm of clearance above the tyre, pr4 is a good 10-15mm no other changes just the tyre. I'm not complaining just a bit confused

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
« Reply #25 on: 02 October, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by 1madboiler [+]
Sorry not had a chance to reply, the chain is fine etc, but the hugger with the previous tyre had around 3-4mm of clearance above the tyre, pr4 is a good 10-15mm no other changes just the tyre. I'm not complaining just a bit confused
Maybe the chain adjusters were wound back a bit (to take up excess chain slack) when the wheel with new tyre was re-installed. If so the axle (wheel centre) would be further back and the gap between tyre outer face and back edge of the hugger would increase.
Otherwise, have you checked the (cold) tyre inflation pressure?

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
« Reply #26 on: 08 October, 2014, 12:27:49 PM »
Hi again for some reason i didnt get a notification that I had a reply, I have checked everything and it all seems to be ok, very strange. Just to add I rode in torrential rain on monday to work and these tyres are fab, very very surefooted in streaming wet roads. very happy with them  :001:

Offline dyllan54

« Reply #27 on: 21 October, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »
I'm planning to gt the PR4's on my next tire change. Just curious here about their grip on wet roads.

Offline jorika1986

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #28 on: 21 October, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by dyllan54 [+]
I'm planning to gt the PR4's on my next tire change. Just curious here about their grip on wet roads.

one word... Excellent!
If you ride on the left side, you know it ain't right! :P

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
« Reply #29 on: 21 October, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by jorika1986 [+]
one word... Excellent!
Succinct and to the point but I have to disagree - they are better than that.  :008:  They are the best wet weather tyre I have ever ridden - excellent in the dry as well.

Steve

diverse-leafy