Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitted Michelin Pilot Road 4's  (Read 14141 times)

Offline Andys62

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 - 06
  • City / Town: Whittlesey.
Re: Fitted Michelin Pilot Road 4's
« Reply #10 on: 20 May, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
I have just taken delivery of my nice new RP4's - £201.44 delivered ~ tyres-pneu-online.co.uk -  :046:
My local mobile tyre guy will be fitting them on Friday (£40 a pair) . My wife's not very happy though, i'm refusing to leave £200 worth of tyres in either the shed or garage! Far too portable.
They are currently in our spare room which now has a lovely aroma of new rubber.  :007:

« Last Edit: 20 May, 2014, 10:34:00 PM by Andys62 »
The throttle works both ways......

Offline Montblanc

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FAC
  • City / Town: Geneva
« Reply #11 on: 18 August, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »
I just ordered a set of PR4's to replace the worn Bridgestone's on my bike. Appreciate the insight from this thread. Seems like they are a top tire for the Biffer.
Montblanc

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
« Reply #12 on: 18 August, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by Montblanc [+]
I just ordered a set of PR4's to replace the worn Bridgestone's on my bike. Appreciate the insight from this thread. Seems like they are a top tire for the Biffer.
Yes, good choice!  :028:
My PR4s are still 'new', but so far definitely give me more confidence (than the previous tyres - Avon Storm 2 Ultra) on both dry and wet roads.
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
« Reply #13 on: 18 August, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
Mine are fitted too, £208.00 for the tyres fitting and balancing, but I had to take the wheels to my fitter, bike feels much more keen to corner but im taking it steady  till they are scrubbed in a bit more.

Offline kleopapas

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A (F9)
  • City / Town: Enfield
« Reply #14 on: 19 September, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
I fitted mine just a week before my long European trip and I have to say I absolutely love these babies. Thus far, I've only ever had BT23s which were competent enough, induced confidence and were hard-wearing. However, I like these even more and they were really good on all sorts of surfaces and conditions. The great British winter will sort out the men from the boys but I have confidence in the PR4s.

:028: Kleo
"As a parent you're only as good as your dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel prize and the other one gets robbed by a hooker, you've failed"

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #15 on: 22 September, 2014, 08:14:33 PM »
Just done 4,000 miles on Balkans tour and my PR4s were fantastic, wet and dry. Not so good on a wood blocked road in the wet - only steel tyres work!

I think they are showing some different wear patterns but until I get home (only 300 miles more) I really don't have the energy to do a detailed inspection.
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline cbrog

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #16 on: 30 September, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
I have secured a great deal on pr4,s [175 fitted on loose wheels ] but only being a basic mechanic have not had wheels off a bike before .any advise on how easy this is please  ? :440:

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
« Reply #17 on: 30 September, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by cbrog [+]
I have secured a great deal on pr4,s [175 fitted on loose wheels ] but only being a basic mechanic have not had wheels off a bike before .any advise on how easy this is please  ? :440:

Rear   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xonD8Ebol-8

front: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uCrTF5fvzk

Providing you have a centre stand its easy. Slightly different bikes in the 2 videos I know but the basics are the same. Read the Honda owners handbook first  and i suggest you do one wheel at a time.  For the front - if you have not got a paddock stand I either tie the bars to a beam in the Garage ceiling with a loop of rope or put a very heavy bag on the back seat to lift the front in the air- a 20 kg bag of dog food usually works.   When taking off the front its essential to remember to remove the calipers first (and then support them out of the way with a loop of string - takes the weight off the brake lines) before removing the spindle.   Also when you take the wheels off for the first time there are a variety of spacers on both front and rear wheels - take these off and store securely before taking your wheels to the tyrefitters for fitting.   

Oh - and where did you get a pair for £175 ?  Seems a great price
« Last Edit: 30 September, 2014, 03:02:04 PM by golfsharpy12 »

Offline cbrog

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #18 on: 30 September, 2014, 04:59:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by golfsharpy12 [+]
Rear   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xonD8Ebol-8

front: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uCrTF5fvzk

Providing you have a centre stand its easy. Slightly different bikes in the 2 videos I know but the basics are the same. Read the Honda owners handbook first  and i suggest you do one wheel at a time.  For the front - if you have not got a paddock stand I either tie the bars to a beam in the Garage ceiling with a loop of rope or put a very heavy bag on the back seat to lift the front in the air- a 20 kg bag of dog food usually works.   When taking off the front its essential to remember to remove the calipers first (and then support them out of the way with a loop of string - takes the weight off the brake lines) before removing the spindle.   Also when you take the wheels off for the first time there are a variety of spacers on both front and rear wheels - take these off and store securely before taking your wheels to the tyrefitters for fitting.   

Oh - and where did you get a pair for £175 ?  Seems a great price
Cheers for the advise , off work for few day so may give it a try , neighbor is i Michelin rep , hence price  :001:

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
« Reply #19 on: 01 October, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
New pr4's have been on a couple of months now and i have to say that even me and my limited biking experience has noticed a massive difference, it just seems to want to turn in quicker and when turning it just feels very very stable and confidence inspiring, i have even got right over to the edges  :156: Very happy Oh and i meant to say that with the pr3's fitted the rear tyre was very tight to the rear hugger, Pr4's theres a good 3/4'' clearence, now why would that be on the same size tyre?
« Last Edit: 01 October, 2014, 02:54:48 PM by 1madboiler »

diverse-leafy