Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2012 Missing 4-way Hazard lights...?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
Re: 2012 Missing 4-way Hazard lights...?
« Reply #20 on: 13 May, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by speedydeano [+]
:028:
hi
it may very well be down to the spec of the bike I have a 2012 1000FAB this has both the passing switch and the hazard switch
don't know if that helps you out
speedydeano :300:

That would be Canadian spec versus European spec then  :015: .

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
« Reply #21 on: 15 May, 2014, 06:19:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
...What's the meaning of the radial designations U and E please?
Couldn't find anything on the Bridgestone site or even on a general trawl of the net....
They are the Tyre manufacture's references for the Tyre version in the particular size/profile as developed for the Bike type (based on weight/speed/function) and supplied to Honda for use as original equipment.
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline oznerol

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 09 MK1 2012 MKII
  • City / Town: cambridge,ont.
« Reply #22 on: 20 May, 2014, 03:53:09 AM »
What do you know, you learn something new everyday! Thanks for the info!

Offline Vulcanbike

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Parksville
« Reply #23 on: 11 June, 2014, 01:02:31 PM »
So there you have it then! No 4 ways or flash switch in Canada. Obviously that is why they where not selling here, consequently leading to those discounted prices this spring. Had mine a couple months now and 10,000 kms. Love it.

Offline oznerol

• CBF Member
« Reply #24 on: 11 June, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »
Thank you for chiming in! I'm glad you like your bike! Little things like this annoy me a little bit because they're were few times when I could've used them. Or maybe i'm still partial to 09 because I do like it a lot. Like the taillight, less vibration, and dual exhaust, etc. But the 012 was a good deal like you said so I couldn't pass it. Which bike I keep, only time will tell. :027: 

Offline Cycles

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Calgary
« Reply #25 on: 13 June, 2014, 05:02:25 AM »
Oznerol, I am a little late to respond but I can confirm that the MK2s in Canada do not come with the four way hazard switch. My friend's MK2 looks just like your picture. On the right there just the starter button and the engine stop switch, no hazard.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #26 on: 13 June, 2014, 08:19:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Cycles [+]
Oznerol, I am a little late to respond but I can confirm that the MK2s in Canada do not come with the four way hazard switch. My friend's MK2 looks just like your picture. On the right there just the starter button and the engine stop switch, no hazard.

Hi Onzerol.   Whilst it's nice to know that Honda are penny pinching in Canada I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, I don't think I have ever used the hazard warnings on a bike.

Andy
 :149:

Offline RavenCAN92

• Bike: CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: Sault Ste Marie
« Reply #27 on: 14 February, 2019, 03:37:18 AM »
Don't mean to dig up an old topic... but I got the Canadian Biffer 2012 mk2 and yep, NO hazard switch.... just wondering if anyone knows if its a matter of buying the switch and installing it or do we know for fact that there isn't any relays and such?

When my group and I ride we make a lot of stops and the hazards lights where well used on my old bike that had them.

Offline oznerol

• CBF Member
« Reply #28 on: 14 February, 2019, 04:00:57 PM »
Hey I had to do a double take because I think that used to be my old bike. My trusted steed, if you will. Looks the dealer gave you the OEM muffler. It does vibrate around 4500-5000 and if you want you can remove the engine crashbar because I noticed when I installed it that the buzziness intensified at that range. Other than that a wonderful bike. Newer tires too on that bike. Very reliable. The reason I traded it was because I wanted to downsize. You mentioned something about the chain it`s the original chain and I cleaned it often.It doesn`t have a 4 way switch which I miss but you can probably find a solution on the internet. I was thinking of doing that before I traded it. I do really miss the torque and smoothness compared to my new bike. Well that`s all I got for now if you have any more questions i`ll try to remember.

diverse-leafy