Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tinny / tappet noise  (Read 6022 times)

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Re: tinny / tappet noise
« Reply #20 on: 11 June, 2014, 05:25:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sunset Rider [+]
I wonder what happened to the Car Doctor :112: :112:

He was on a different thread and is probably now trying to take the bike apart instead of giving us some more info ;)
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline tiremike

• Bike: 2010 cbf1000&600
  • City / Town: Mundare
« Reply #21 on: 12 June, 2014, 07:39:27 AM »
I guess if patience is a virtue I must be a  virtuous kinda guy. I knew going in that this was going to be a pain in the ass for the dealer so I didn't want to get on the wrong side of them.  But when they told me that they were done with the bike I had to try realy hard not to flip out.  Now to give them the benefiet of the situation they are not the ones I bought the bike from.  So why should it be thier problem. 
Honda  Canada saw it my way but now I have to be a little delicate as they could make this a difficult process if they dig in. So I will be the nice guy and hope they fix the problem and I can put some miles on my bike this summer.
I must say I had a hell of a summer on her last year. Put on over 20000km in three months. Went from Edmonton, Alberta to Santa Fe, New Mexico, west to the pacific coast, north to the Sunshine Coast and through the Rocky Mountains back to Mundare.  I want  my baby back!

Offline Sunset Rider

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2009 CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #22 on: 12 June, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
I understand where you are coming from with the softly softly approach and yes I do normally have a great deal of patience. I do tend to do the same .....to a point...while at all times tightening the grip on the sledge hammer hiding behind my back.
But this is an awful long time out of action for a near new bike.
I might be mad or even slightly insane....but I LOVE my CBF1000GT

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #23 on: 12 June, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
I had a huge amount of patience once with Honda Kestrel in Coventry back in 2011/12 with a long running saga (sad story reported on here in the general discussion section somewhere) of getting my Biff properly repaired after some loon had knocked it off its stand while I was watching the Senior 2011 TT.  In the end Honda UK and Equity Red Star stuck by me and I completed the work myself. 

I don't hold a grudge against Kestrel, sometimes things go wrong and continue on the slippery slope and I had previously had 3 1/2 years of excellent service from them.  Thing is though after this not so good experience, I have been banned by the dealer principle because for them doing the repair (badly) had cost them a lot of money  :087:

With the relatively large distances you have between dealers in Canada I can understand you don't want to get on the wrong side of them  .................. but there are limits  :045: .

Andy
 :149: 

Offline tiremike

« Reply #24 on: 12 June, 2014, 01:48:58 PM »
At this point I just want them to get on with it and finish the job. I doubt I will be riding it much this season but the last thing I want is to get it back, still have issues and now the warranty has expired. So I will let them take as long as they need to get it done right. But it better be right.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #25 on: 12 June, 2014, 02:13:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiremike [+]
At this point I just want them to get on with it and finish the job. I doubt I will be riding it much this season but the last thing I want is to get it back, still have issues and now the warranty has expired. So I will let them take as long as they need to get it done right. But it better be right.

Sorry, I missed that earlier, another case of needing new glasses  :006:

1 year warranty in Canada ?  Bought new in the Fall of 2012, say Sept/Oct ?   Bike into dealer Oct 2013 and still under warranty.   Must have been right on the cusp but no excuse, it was either within the warranty period or it wasn't so down to the dealer/Honda Canada to resolve, it should make no difference that the dealer who has sat on the bike for about 9 months is not the selling dealer - unless, of course this is not a Honda dealer ?

20,000 kliks in 4 months is impressive, I take it you did find the time to have the bike serviced ?

Am curious though as to why you left it for such a long time before contacting the dealer.

Andy
 :149:

Offline tiremike

« Reply #26 on: 13 June, 2014, 04:33:57 AM »
Bike was left over inventory so the warranty started when I purchased the bike in December of 2012. The noise stated half way through my 10000 km trip and since the bike was never sold in the USA the dealers there were not familiar with the bike. Despite the noise the bike never missed a beat. No driveability issues at all so I finished the trip and then took it in. They shimmed the valves and gave it back but within two days the noise was worse than when it went in. I made another appointment and kept riding her until then. They replaced the timing chain tensioner and called to say that it had not resolved the problem. By then I told them they could keep it as long as they needed to since the season was over anyway. I figured it would be a month or two but by January I started to get a bad feeling and here we are.  I`m sure that I will get satisfaction out of Honda one way or another but I really hope the bike comes home in one piece and running right.

Offline Joppevermunt

• Bike: Mk1 '06 in blue
  • City / Town: Steenbergen
« Reply #27 on: 22 April, 2020, 03:04:42 PM »
Sorry to open this all up but...
Did they eventually find the problem?
Im having the same sounds should I be worried?