Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tinny / tappet noise  (Read 6032 times)

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Re: tinny / tappet noise
« Reply #10 on: 08 June, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »
So you get the noise when the bike is in gear slowing down? Have you checked the drive chain tension? They can rattle as you slow down a lot more than when you accelerate (accelerating the top run is under tension, decelerating the bottom run is, and clutch pulled in I guess they pretty much balance out). Other than that it could be something beginning to wear in the clutch (goes away when you apply pressure to pull the clutch in, masked by revs as you accelerate?)
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline markandhiscbf

• Bike: cbf1000
  • City / Town: evesham
« Reply #11 on: 08 June, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »
hi everyone , went out on the bike again today , still got the same noise , the bike runs all ok ,the bike is a mk1 , 2011 plate and only 8500 miles on the clock ,

Offline markandhiscbf

• Bike: cbf1000
  • City / Town: evesham
« Reply #12 on: 08 June, 2014, 05:03:30 PM »
thank u tiremike ,and everyone else for there comments , glad someone else has a similar problem , went out on the bike again today ,still got the noise , but bike is going all ok, its a mk1 2011 plate , and only had 8200 miles on it when I noticed the noise , its now done 9250 .

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
« Reply #13 on: 08 June, 2014, 10:15:11 PM »
Thats a lot of miles in 10 minutes :mfrlol:
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #14 on: 09 June, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by johnstg2 [+]
Timing chain?

Quite possibly if it is coming from the RH side of the engine.  been discussed many times before if you do a search.  It is more prevalent when the engine is cold and you soon learn to forget about it.  Not a problem unless the noise becomes overpowering - unlikely.

Andy
 :149:

Offline tiremike

• Bike: 2010 cbf1000&600
  • City / Town: Mundare
« Reply #15 on: 10 June, 2014, 01:58:49 AM »
My bike is a 2010 with around 20000km on it. The noise started out very faint and you heard it at a steady cruise. Under load the noise went away but over time it got louder to the point that you could hear it if you were on another bike beside me on the highway. The dealer has been comparing it to other biffers that come into the shop and say that all of them have a bit of a tick to them but mine is in a league of it`s own.

Offline Sunset Rider

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2009 CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #16 on: 10 June, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by tiremike [+]
Hey Mike,
I dropped my 2010 cbf1000 at the dealership in October of last year to fix what sounds like the same noise. They just pulled the engine this week to disassemble it and are no closer to finding the problem. The dealer reshimed the valves twice and replaced the timing chain tensioner to no avail. Then called me to say that they were giving up and that maybe Honda Canada could do something for me. The bike was still under warranty.
After several conversations with Customer Service the dealer was forced to continue working on the bike and now it is in pieces on a work bench. If they ever figure it out I will let you know.
Sorry, ....I am doing a double take on this and I know it was posted a little while back.....BUT you took your bike in in October and they are NOW pulling the engine out???? You have been without a bike for 8 months or so?????
I might be mad or even slightly insane....but I LOVE my CBF1000GT

Offline tiremike

• Bike: 2010 cbf1000&600
  • City / Town: Mundare
« Reply #17 on: 11 June, 2014, 04:00:54 AM »
You read it right. It sat all winter and when they finally pulled it into the shop and ralized this wasn't going to be a simple fix they wanted me to take it home. Did I mention that it was still under warranty.
I have a Goldwing and a cb900f so I'm not without a ride but I do miss my Biffer.

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
« Reply #18 on: 11 June, 2014, 01:29:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiremike [+]
I have a Goldwing and a cb900f

So because you have more than one motorcycle they have the right to treat you so badly? Screw that.
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline Sunset Rider

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2009 CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #19 on: 11 June, 2014, 05:04:25 PM »
i am normally calm and reasonably patient....but I am glad that this isn't my bike or that this dealer is nowhere near me. And this is under warranty :087: :087: :087: :087:
How do you do it???? ZI would have gone ballstic by now and who knows what the new shiny bikes in their showroom would look like by now :005: :005:

I wonder what happened to the Car Doctor :112: :112:
I might be mad or even slightly insane....but I LOVE my CBF1000GT