Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Review of BT021  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Murphy

• CBF Member
Re: Review of BT021
« Reply #10 on: 03 April, 2007, 01:50:53 PM »
Just to put another one into the equation,  last year before getting my new CBF I ran a VFR on Continental road attacks.
 I found these stable and very good in the wet. I agree that the BT57's are crap and i don't think i'm even going to wait for them to wear out before replacing them.
Has anyone run these Continentals?    If not it seems by general concensus that the 021's are the best choice. :465:

Offline Scarer

• CBF Pro
« Reply #11 on: 03 April, 2007, 06:19:53 PM »
I'm so confused about tyres. I have the 057's which I agree aren't great in the wet and/or when cold so I will be looking to change soon.

The Road pilots seem popular with other CBF owners but these aren't liked on the Hornets Nest forum at all, they say particularly in the wet or on greasy cold roads.

I wonder if a tyre performs differently depending in the bike they are fitted to? Maybe because of weight and sizing?

I've previously (on a VFR400 and Hornet) fitted BT020's and was very pleased so I am interested in reviews of the 021's.

:027:

Offline bonoeuf

• CBF Legend
  • County Durham UK
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: CBF600
« Reply #12 on: 04 April, 2007, 07:56:12 PM »

BT-057s that have been out of manufacturing since many years

Not true in the UK, I spoke to Bridgestone and was informed that the BT57 is still made and available. I checked with BMF tyres in Bradford, a place where I buy most of my tyres, and they also said they are available although quite expensive compared to other Bridgestone tyres.
Marty
"My father taught me to work, but not to love it. I never did like to work, and I don't deny it. I'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh -- anything but work."
Abraham Lincoln.

Offline jcmk

• CBF Pro
« Reply #13 on: 06 April, 2007, 06:29:34 PM »
Maybe not true in the UK but in France you can't go into any shop and buy a pair of 57s. Regardless of whether or not they're in or out of manufacturing, the undeniable fact is that they're an old generation tyre compared to BT 20, 21 or michelin Pilot Road 2, etc.

Rgds,

JCMK

Offline Sonic

• CBF Legend
« Reply #14 on: 06 April, 2007, 07:07:05 PM »
We have a police Blackbird on BT57's, because Honda have still not approved 020's for Blackbirds. Force policy is only to fit Honda or Honda approved parts.

Offline B12Steve

• CBF Master
« Reply #15 on: 25 April, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
Update on the 021s.
I went on a slow speed cornering course at the weekend. After the course my rear chicken strips are gone, and I have the smallest chicken strips I have ever had on a bike on the front.
I was told by the instructor that my pegs were almost down.

What I have to report though, is the wear on the front was more noticible than the wear on the back. The corners were mostly constant speed, so maybe there is more weight over the front on the CBF, or maybe the 021 front compund is softer than the rear. After 1000 miles the front looks like it has less tread depth than the rear!