Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Power cable for easy and fast start help  (Read 2030 times)

Offline FireBladerDk

• Article Editor
  • CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A 2007
Re: Power cable for easy and fast start help
« Reply #10 on: 03 November, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
The first cable has been finished and is here ready for mounting on my CBR1000RR08:

Notice that the two 10 awg wires have been routed through a protective PVC sleve to ensure that no accidental shorts shall develop due to wear or hard handling.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #11 on: 03 November, 2013, 03:46:42 PM »
What options have you for a suitable mounting bracket?
Any off-the-shelf solutions?
Mike

Offline FireBladerDk

• Article Editor
  • CBF Master
« Reply #12 on: 03 November, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
Anderson Power products who manufactures the connector has mounting brackets available.

But I deliberately do not want to mount the connector in a bracket, because I want it to be so that the connector can be connected directly to another bike having the same kind of cable mounted.

It shall hence be able to extend 30 to 50 cm out from the bike. In a few minutes I will post an image I have just taken which demonstrates this.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #13 on: 03 November, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
Sorry Fred, I thought you were planning to use an interconnect cable you could plug into both (any) vehicles using fixed mounted sockets on the vehicles that were simply more accessible than the battery terminals.

Offline FireBladerDk

• Article Editor
  • CBF Master
« Reply #14 on: 03 November, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
Sorry Fred, I thought you were planning to use an interconnect cable you could plug into both (any) vehicles using fixed mounted sockets on the vehicles that were simply more accessible than the battery terminals.

That is also a possibility Mike, but would mean twice as many of theese rather expencive connectors.

Offline FireBladerDk

• Article Editor
  • CBF Master
« Reply #15 on: 03 November, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »
Here the power cable is shown in real use with CBF1000A07 connected to CBF1000RR08:

And here the connector is packed nicely into the far rear corner under the passenger seat on CBF1000A07:

Next step will be to make entender cables with small crocodile clamps, so start help from e.g. a car is also possible. I'm waiting to receive the crocodiles in a week or so.
« Last Edit: 03 November, 2013, 04:55:45 PM by FireBladerDk »

diverse-leafy