Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: abs & cbs  (Read 1015 times)

Offline neoxeo

• CBF Pro
abs & cbs
« on: 27 March, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »
Sunday I attended a bike security course, the object was to discover the limits and possibilities of your bike. One was supposed to already have a good riding knowledge.

A few interesting points concerning our abs and cbs.

One object of an exercise was to stop the bike in the short as possible distance, the front and rear abs cutting in. The test was done at aprox. 50km/h.

Going full down on the both brakes is no problem with the abs, it makes a bit of noise but is very effective.

No non abs rider was able to meet the braking distance of the abs bikes. Comment of the instructor “ if you are as good as a gp racer you could maybe have stopped shorter but as you are not, abs is definitely useful.

The Honda cbs became only a bit tricky when using rear brake to reduce the turn radius in a full counter steer turn, as the front brake cuts in as well…oops

Offline Big Bear

• Original site owner
  • Non Active
Re: abs & cbs
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2007, 09:30:08 PM »
I think it comes into it's own in certain situations. For instance, in panick situations when it's pouring with rain and someone pulls out in front of you  :005: Just grab a handful of brake and it works a treat   :002:

The Honda cbs became only a bit tricky when using rear brake to reduce the turn radius in a full counter steer turn, as the front brake cuts in as well…oops

I see what you mean about the CBS influencing the other wheel but I think the amount is about right.

Offline neoxeo

• CBF Pro
Re: abs & cbs
« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2007, 09:37:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Big Bear [+]

I see what you mean about the CBS influencing the other wheel but I think the amount is about right.

I think you might be right, but as the instructors warned us about it I must  admit that I was a bit over cautious

diverse-leafy