Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: i2i training - what happens on MC3 ?  (Read 652 times)

Offline Thiss

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
i2i training - what happens on MC3 ?
« on: 07 September, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »
Hi all

I just did the i2i MC1 course - it was very good - they seem to have a unique training style that's informative yet simple enough to follow and they make the practical sessions fun.

I'd enquired about the follow up course, MC3 (they only do the off road stuff up north), and hopefully I'll do it next spring when they are back in Norfolk.

Who has done it and what do they do in the practicals ?

It advertises advanced cornering and braking, but not sure what they could get up to other than slaloms on the short, relatively narrow bit of run way they use at Tibenham ?

Offline MilkyBarKid

• CBF Master
  • Living the dream
  • Bike: KTM 990 SMT
  • City / Town: Wilts/Lancs/M6
Re: i2i training - what happens on MC3 ?
« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2013, 07:52:59 PM »
Thiss

I have done most of the i2i courses (including the offroad ones and a track day) and in my opinion they should be compulsory for all!

MC3 builds on what you learnt at MC1.  There are some chicanes and some slaloms but you will be quite surprised at how imaginative Tom is with the narrow tarmac area at his disposal!! MC3 gives more understanding of what happens during cornering and braking and when done together.  It helps you gain more confidence in your bike at greater lean angles and shows you what is possible at angles that most people believe you cannot use brakes at.  On my course, Tom gave an excellent demo of grinding the pegs on his R1 in an area just over twice his bike length!  The course builds on the machine stability touched on in MC1 and is HIGHLY recommended.  However, just like MC1 its all done at low(ish) speeds and at no point do you feel its too fast.

Just do it................I know you wont regret it.

Hope that helps

MBK

PS I have no connection to i2i other than having paid to undertake their courses  :028:
It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it!

Offline Thiss

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2013, 08:34:43 PM »
Yep, I'm definitely going to do MC3 - was just wondering what it involved.

Thinking back, I think he wasn't far off grinding the pegs on magpie's biffer last week when he took it up the slalom course  :005:

Offline Rose

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB White
  • City / Town: Lyneham
« Reply #3 on: 09 September, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »
I've done the MCI course's but thought Tom preferred it if we didn't share what we had done as it spoils the surprise. :028:

As expressed, just do it, It will be one of the best courses you will do on a bike. :152:
I was asked for an 8 character password, so I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline Wilco10

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Cbf1000GT
  • City / Town: Stamford
« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
Yep great couses. I did MC3 for a second time this year, as MBK says it is mostly about cornering and gaining confidence in how much you can really get the bike to do.
Of all the i2i couses MC3 is my fav, although I 'm yet to do the knee down one, that's for the spring, I understand that one builds on MC3, and not at all a vain attempt for a middle age man to get his his leathers scruffy. :164:
Have fun

diverse-leafy