Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Battery purchase  (Read 2277 times)

Offline perakis

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf 100
  • City / Town: Heraklion
Re: Battery purchase
« Reply #10 on: 22 October, 2010, 07:14:55 AM »
I have replaced the original Yuasa YTZ-10s with an Yuasa TTZ-10s. It costed 87 euros (I think that the original one costs about 130 euros). No problems after 10 months and 8000km . Follows a description found somewhere in the internet.

Lazaros

A high quality budget replacement for the Yuasa YTZ10S High Performance MF battery.

The new Yuasa TTZ range of batteries have been recently introduced as an alternative to the ultra-high performance Yuasa YTZ batteries which are fitted as original equipment to many of today's top-of-the-range motorcycles.

The TTZ batteries are made using the same proven technology as Yuasa's regular YT/YTX series of maintenance-free batteries and they provide a cost-effective alternative balancing performance and longevity for users where the reliability of the Yuasa brand is still a priority.

The Yuasa TTZ10S-BS can also be used to replace the Varta 508-901-015 YTZ10S-BS battery.

Specifications
•   Manufacturer: YUASA
•   Battery type number: TTZ10S-BS
•   Battery type: Sealed maintenance-free battery
•   Filling kit included: Yes
•   Dimensions: 150mm x 87mm x 93mm
•   Capacity rating: 8.6Ah
•   Cold-start performance: n/a
•   Maximum charging rate: 1.5 Amp
•   Weight (filled): 3.2kg
•   Terminal layout: Left: + Right: - (With the terminals on the edge nearest to you)

Offline Snibor

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAA
« Reply #11 on: 22 October, 2010, 09:09:26 AM »
I bought the same battery as Deecat for my last CBF and it performed well,for a "budget" battery.-Snibor

Offline rovbloke

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Exmouth
« Reply #12 on: 22 October, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »
Handy info that, my battery is coming up to 3 years old now. Has not let me down so far but I am thinking of changing it as a matter of course.

Offline johnstg2

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: Falkirk
« Reply #13 on: 22 October, 2010, 12:26:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by rovbloke [+]
Handy info that, my battery is coming up to 3 years old now. Has not let me down so far but I am thinking of changing it as a matter of course.

I wouldn't change the battery just for the sake of it. Mines is now 4 1/2 years old and still going strong. (Much touching of wood now).
Boys never grow up - their toys just get more expensive.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #14 on: 09 September, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by rovbloke [+]

I did just that on my original battery, gave me a bit of peace of mind as I was about to dissappear to the IOM for the TT but as the original is still going strong and now about 3 1/2 years further on, I recon I probably wasted my money.  What price peace of mind  :187: .

Both batteries are maintained with either an Optimate or CTEK XS800 which I am sure has helped.
« Last Edit: 09 September, 2013, 02:57:37 PM by Bifferman »