Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pirelli Angel GT's Fitted  (Read 1195 times)

Offline 12peteruk

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 MK1
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Pirelli Angel GT's Fitted
« on: 27 August, 2013, 05:46:27 PM »
Put the Pirelli Angel GT's on my MK1 Biffer. Only covered about 700 miles so far but I can report that their wet weather performance is excellent. Very stable and predictable.  :028:

I am not so sure about the dry weather performance. I dont have any comparissons as I changed the tires when I bought the Biffer, but I dont find them as stable as the Metzeler Z8's I had on my previous Kawasaki Versys. The Biffer is a heavy bike, and requires a lot of input to turn, which is perhaps why I have a problem with the Angel GT's. They just dont "turn in" as quickly as I would like, or provide the feel that I would expect from a Pirelli tire. This could be because they are a harder compound to give better mileage over the ST version, but I expected a "sportier" touring tire based on the publicity.

My personal criteria when buying a tire is handling and longetivity. If I had to choose one criteria over the other, then my priority would be handling. So far the Angel GT's are not what I expected when I made my choice, and I am a little dissapointed. As I spend more time with the bike and the tires I may change my opinion, but on my initial experience I would probably put either the MZ8's or the Michelin PR3's on the bike next time.

I will keep posting my experience in the hope that it offers some information to the Forum members as I dont think many people are riding on these tires at present.

Offline Roger

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: BMW R1200GSA
  • City / Town: Droitwich
Re: Pirelli Angel GT's Fitted
« Reply #1 on: 03 September, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »
Never tried the Pirelli Angel GT, or the PR3, but used the PR2 on both CBF's and was very happy. When I changed to the BM, it has Metzler Z6's fitted and they were pretty much shot. I was going to go with PR3's but was persuaded to try the Z8, and have no complaints. Now 7k miles on them, great in the wet and no issues in the dry, still plenty of life left and 2 up fairly often. I know the CBF is a different bike, but certainly the Metzler is worth a try if you have previously tried the 6's. There is a post from AIV somewhere that gives far more info on the Z8.
18 BMW R1200 GSA Triple Black
04 Silver TDM900
58 BlackCBF1000 GT  gone to a new home.

Offline 12peteruk

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 MK1
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Pirelli Angel GT's Fitted
« Reply #2 on: 05 September, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »
I had the MZ8's on my Versys and they were great. The difference is that the MZ8's smooth out the ride much better. The Pirellis give you more feel but the downside is they track ruts in the road and the bike moves about a lot with every change in the road. That can sap your confidence as at times through fast corners it has felt like I have a puncture in the back tire. I have got used to it after 1,000 miles but I will be putting the PR3's or the Z8's next time. The Pirrelli may be a good tire but I dont think they suit the CBF1000 MK1.

diverse-leafy