Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bikesafe - just do it  (Read 7072 times)

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Re: Bikesafe - just do it
« Reply #60 on: 13 August, 2013, 08:33:07 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with plod doing it on duty when they attend things like county fairs on duty to show the bikes off to all the kids (or similar such public displays where they aren't involved in policing per se)
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
Re: Bikesafe - just do it
« Reply #61 on: 21 August, 2013, 08:03:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Nuff [+]
I don't see anything wrong with plod doing it on duty when they attend things like county fairs on duty to show the bikes off to all the kids (or similar such public displays where they aren't involved in policing per se)

I did a Bikesafe day (MET police) last Sunday, by chance along with another member of this forum.
Am pleased that they are funded by TFL (£1.5 million with formal contract as to how many officers) and it was explained that, although the Bikesafe days are allocated for just that, they are always both 'on duty and 'on call', so, if required, they could be called away.
Also, while out on the rides, the officer for our group (just the 2 of us) did give 'advice' (!) to some car drivers and told us later that he'd got very close to issuing his first fixed penalty ticket (under the recently introduced changes) for 'middle lane hogging'.
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

diverse-leafy