Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Help needed with heated grips  (Read 1152 times)

Offline 1madboiler

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sunderland
Help needed with heated grips
« on: 02 August, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »
Whilst in the middle of the best summer in years :152:...my thoughts turned to my winter commute :005:.
My old deauville was all set for winter, tall screen, hand deflectors, heated grips and muffs...the biffer is a slightly different prospect...just got a MRA vario screen from the for sale board(thanks Bomber) Now when I bought the bike i noticed that it didn't have a controller for the fitted heated grips, After a bit of research they appear to be the official Honda ones. I have run checks on the wiring and it all appears to be good but I just need a controller, has anyone any experience of mixing and matching ( R&G controller on my wiring for example ) or has anyone managed to make one? I have been looking at replacing with a different brand, I had R&G on the deau but was wondering what peep's experiences of the oxford ones are like? I have read that there not that great? any help or advice gratefully received Thanks again  :001:

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
Re: Help needed with heated grips
« Reply #1 on: 02 August, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
Had 2 sets of Oxfords (on my Mk 1 and then on the Mk 2) and all I can say is they are excellent ( 5 settings from luke warm to roasting). For the Mk 1, take the live feed off the rear brake light switch - gives you a switched live with no difficulty  (and it's how Honda recommend you take the power supply for their OEM grips)  and works well plus the cost (about £70 if you look around) makes them excellent value and they have a 2-year warranty as standard.   Honda OEM are good - but only have 3 settings and cost the best part of £300.

Rgds Steve
« Last Edit: 03 August, 2013, 08:18:14 AM by golfsharpy12 »

diverse-leafy