Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Am I being daft??????  (Read 2646 times)

Offline olliesme

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Stockport
Re: Am I being daft??????
« Reply #10 on: 29 July, 2013, 10:58:15 PM »
I agree with MBK , the PR3's are great and worth the little extra.

When I got my biffer it had a BT 21 on the front and a BT23 on the rear. Never felt fully confident especially with the front end. Earlier this year I changed both for PR 3's ( £245 ish a pair fitted). What a difference the bike corners so much better the feel is better and increases your confidence.

I can't comment on the PR 2's but they have been superseded by the 3's so why buy old technology. 

:152:  ol
Black Mk 1 abs with fairings and full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips, Beowolf Rad grill, carbon pillion seat cover, extenda fender, T30 evos. 22 mm bar risers, adjustable levers, Tom Tom 400 premium Sat Nav
Manhoc Social Secretary

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #11 on: 30 July, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by MilkyBarKid [+]
+1 for your choice of tyre but............If your budget can stand it go for the newer PR3, personally I think they are the "dogs  :172: bits". 

PR2s are good but PR3s, in the wet, are soooooo much better...............IMHO

MBK

:0461: Getting my third set before the end of August to get ready for Britanny tour and get my £25 petrol voucher.
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Big Phil

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Mk 1 CBF1000 FA
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #12 on: 30 July, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
PR2s are good but PR3s, in the wet, are soooooo much better...............IMHO

I agree PR3s are the way to go as they are so good if it's wet.

Whatever you go for, it will improve your confidence and stop you consciously thinking about your riding. Once you start thinking about things, it stops you from relaxing and that affects your riding.

Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life

Offline Lew4406

• CBF Legend
  • Its all about the fun!!!
  • Bike: BMWF700GS
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #13 on: 31 July, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »
I maybe up for the pr3's the wife's just got a new car snd the trade off was for her to treat me to new tyres.........so I might be able to squeeze a bit more  :046:

Offline olliesme

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Stockport
« Reply #14 on: 31 July, 2013, 05:19:28 PM »
The answer is obvious Lew, play the safety card.  :164:

Whilst she's sat in her nice shiney new car remind her of the tyres and tell her that you want PR 3's. They're not the most expensive but are definitely  the  safest tyres for your bike.........and she wouldn't want anything to happen to such a generous hubby on his bike, now would she. 

Good luck

ol

Black Mk 1 abs with fairings and full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips, Beowolf Rad grill, carbon pillion seat cover, extenda fender, T30 evos. 22 mm bar risers, adjustable levers, Tom Tom 400 premium Sat Nav
Manhoc Social Secretary

Offline Lew4406

• CBF Legend
  • Its all about the fun!!!
  • Bike: BMWF700GS
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #15 on: 01 August, 2013, 11:51:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by olliesme [+]
The answer is obvious Lew, play the safety card.  :164:

Whilst she's sat in her nice shiney new car remind her of the tyres and tell her that you want PR 3's. They're not the most expensive but are definitely  the  safest tyres for your bike.........and she wouldn't want anything to happen to such a generous hubby on his bike, now would she. 

Good luck

ol

I like the way you think  :028:

diverse-leafy