Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Handle bars  (Read 8414 times)

Offline CBR Mike

• Bike: CBR1000 A7
Re: Handle bars
« Reply #30 on: 15 September, 2018, 06:53:55 PM »
After looking at your photo can I change the subject briefly, what screen have you fitted and how does it compare to whatever others you may have tried ?

Offline BigHairyDog

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000-A6
  • City / Town: Potters Bar
« Reply #31 on: 15 September, 2018, 07:13:32 PM »
It's an MRA Vario touring, I've been lucky as MRA seems to work for me on all my bikes so I haven't had to experiment too much. It's certainly a lot better than stock on the CBF but no means perfect.

Offline crimpyjugs

• Bike: 2007 CBF1000 ABS
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #32 on: 02 October, 2018, 01:33:19 PM »
I fitted the Renthal Road Medium bars in the end, feels just about spot on with the stock risers, not much wider than the stock bars, but it has made all the difference.

Fitted some Oxford Touring heated grips while I was at it, got the latest ones with 9 settings and the battery saving function, they heat up nicely, very pleased with the result.

Offline junior

• Bike: CBF1000A MK1
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
« Reply #33 on: 31 October, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by crimpyjugs [+]
I fitted the Renthal Road Medium bars in the end, feels just about spot on with the stock risers, not much wider than the stock bars, but it has made all the difference.

Fitted some Oxford Touring heated grips while I was at it, got the latest ones with 9 settings and the battery saving function, they heat up nicely, very pleased with the result.
:465:  I'm also looking for Renthal Road medium, which are the point's of difference with stock one, better handling?, more comfortable hand position?, what about the weight handle renthals or stock or not?
Thanks in advance for your time

Offline crimpyjugs

« Reply #34 on: 31 October, 2018, 06:48:55 PM »
I got the Renthals, as i felt the stock bars were a little narrow.

I didn't really think about the handling or weight, and the change hasn't noticeably affected either.

It just feels a more comfortable riding position, i'm 6ft tall, and the Renthal Medium Road bars feel perfect.

Offline junior

« Reply #35 on: 31 October, 2018, 07:03:22 PM »
I got the Renthals, as i felt the stock bars were a little narrow.

I didn't really think about the handling or weight, and the change hasn't noticeably affected either.

It just feels a more comfortable riding position, i'm 6ft tall, and the Renthal Medium Road bars feel perfect.
Hi mate, thanks for the reply,
For the same reasons i'm looking for renthal, i'm 5,6ft, i also want a little wider bar, about the weight maybe didn't use the correct word, i was refering to the counterweight, end of the bar, if know i'm right, sorry for my English  :157: which you have used??   

Offline crimpyjugs

« Reply #36 on: 31 October, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »
Ah, yes, sorry, the internal diameter of the Renthals is less than the stock bars, so you will need different bar end weights to the stock Honda ones.

I have fitted the R&G bar end weights with the plastic crash protection on the end, which fit no problem.

Offline junior

« Reply #37 on: 31 October, 2018, 07:21:25 PM »
Ah, yes, sorry, the internal diameter of the Renthals is less than the stock bars, so you will need different bar end weights to the stock Honda ones.

I have fitted the R&G bar end weights with the plastic crash protection on the end, which fit no problem.
:031:   :031:   :031:   :031:   :031: thank's  :028:

Offline oc_geek

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 ST 2011
  • City / Town: Sirtori
« Reply #38 on: 27 February, 2019, 08:35:00 PM »
Hi folks,

i've the Renthal Road Medium on the way (wanted a bit wider and read all good things here)

Question (and i know this is LARGELY debated topic in forums) for who installed these

Did you drill (locator pins) or did you file them (almost) off ?

What i'm thinking as the ALU tube is 4.5mm thick OD is 22 and ID is 13)
would be to "surface drill" it by say 2mm deep so to hold the locator pin in there but avoid making a hole through the wall. of the tube..

Thanks for your feedbacks

Offline pantheman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2008 red mkI
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #39 on: 02 May, 2019, 07:37:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by oc_geek [+]
Hi folks,
i've the Renthal Road Medium on the way (wanted a bit wider and read all good things here)
Question (and i know this is LARGELY debated topic in forums) for who installed these
Did you drill (locator pins) or did you file them (almost) off ?

What i'm thinking as the ALU tube is 4.5mm thick OD is 22 and ID is 13)
would be to "surface drill" it by say 2mm deep so to hold the locator pin in there but avoid making a hole through the wall. of the tube..
Thanks for your feedbacks

I'd say its advisable NOT to drill holes on the aluminum handlebar
« Last Edit: 02 May, 2019, 07:39:35 AM by pantheman »

diverse-leafy