Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: fuel gauge  (Read 3993 times)

Offline vlassishlk

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A (06)
  • City / Town: Eyboia
Re: fuel gauge
« Reply #60 on: 27 April, 2007, 11:49:35 AM »
chunk39  I am sorry if you though I was getting personal. All the times I have run out of fuel It was because of my stupidity, and of course I could have avoided it.

But as a touring bike I do strongly believe the CBF should have a more accurate gauge AND a light, and surely a bigger tank that would give you at least 350kms before reserve.

Being or not being a CBF master doesn't have anything to do with the right or wrong or the right to express opinion.

No hard feelings I hope  :001:.

Offline badapple

• CBF Legend
« Reply #61 on: 27 April, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »
But hey guys - debate is what makes it really interesting.  Wouldn't life be boring if we all thought the same.

Couldn't agree more Snubs, and the more diverse these views are the better but what I don't like are these views being expressed in arrogant or insulting language. As a forum this is a friendly and courteous place and I'd quite like to keep it that way.

Although I say I have never ran out believe me I'v done plenty of miles in " economy " mode expecting engine stutters any second. I suspect we have all done a few of those.

Offline listener

• CBF Member
« Reply #62 on: 27 April, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by vlassishlk [+]
chunk39  I am sorry if you though I was getting personal. All the times I have run out of fuel It was because of my stupidity, and of course I could have avoided it.

Deep breathes everyone ... and count to 10 ...  :350:

It always amazes me how easy it is to overreact on electronic forums. It also has to be remembered that some of the members here are foreign (but enough about the English  :150:) and may misinterpret the intentions of a poster (especially concerning idiomatic phrases or humour).

But as a touring bike I do strongly believe the CBF should have a more accurate gauge AND a light, and surely a bigger tank that would give you at least 350kms before reserve.

Agreed ... to an extent. A range of at least 200 miles (320 kms) is almost essential on a bike with touring asperations. But an accurate gauge (or low fuel light) is also a must. The rider shouldn't have to do mental gymnastics to figure out how much actual fuel they have left. Anyway, mental arithmetic is too 'hit and miss' (well for me anyway  :034:).

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: GTR 1400
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #63 on: 27 April, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »
If you have an accurate guage then you shouldn't need a low fuel light and who is tp say the low fuel light warning would be any more accurate than the guage we have at the moment. The most accurate warning you could have is a fuel tap, proving it is on main rather than reserve.

I use the trip meter and the fuel guage. At @ 150/60 miles I will think about filling up and when I get down to the red line on the guage I know that I need to fill up pdq as I have about 3 litres left.

As for the tank size. My Aprillia Caponord would do 180/190 miles before reserve and that is what I would like to see on the Biffer, that extra 30 miles makes a big difference to the day.

Tref
There are only solutions

diverse-leafy