Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MCN Help Please - who is the biggest CBF1000 expert?  (Read 3687 times)

Offline andyd

• CBF Member
MCN Help Please - who is the biggest CBF1000 expert?
« on: 21 January, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
Hello all,

I am one of the journalists for MCN and I am trying to find out and interview the biggest CBF1000 expert for a regular column we run in the paper called 'The Lover's Guide to...' which features great (but occasionally overlooked) bikes...as someone who has run a 2006 and a 2011 CBF1000 for MCN, I feel both these bikes are worthy of inclusion but I would really like to concentrate on the original version at this stage.
If someone is up for being interviewed I will phone them and answer the key elements and then it will go into the next available issue of MCN.
My email address is andy.downes@motorcyclenews and my direct line is 01733-468011.

Many thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

Andy Downes
MCN Senior Reporter

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Re: MCN Help Please - who is the biggest CBF1000 expert?
« Reply #1 on: 21 January, 2013, 04:01:42 PM »
That all depends on what you mean by expert. If you mean taking it apart and working on it, FirebladerDK has to be up there, but for riding it has to be andyinvienna who's clocked up a staggering amount of miles. Bifferman's the lead poster on the forum, and unlikely to be caught anytime soon. Added benefit is he deeply loves his Swan and I think probably knows it inside out due to it's transformation.
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline andyd

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 21 January, 2013, 04:08:21 PM »
In terms of an expert a bit of technical knowledge helps but they don't need to know the torque setting of every nut on the bike. It's more like things to look out for, what to fit in terms of extras, which tyres work best, what falls off, what corrodes; anything like that really.
That experience can come from mileage or working on them. I always rely on experts to self select; they are the ones who know what they are experts at rather than me making a judgement.

Offline Rustyrig

• CBF Legend
  • Ride and smile
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
« Reply #3 on: 21 January, 2013, 04:21:26 PM »
I think Bifferman & andyinvienna will tell all that and more.

Oooops missed out Alansh sorry Alan  :192:

as many will no doubt fit the bill but these guy who are knowledgeable all three, well travelled andyinvienna, and a HOC man in alansh

Barry
« Last Edit: 21 January, 2013, 05:14:56 PM by Rustyrig »

Offline andyd

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 21 January, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »
Sounds great...if they could contact me that would be most helpful.

Cheers

Andy Downes
MCN

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
« Reply #5 on: 21 January, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
I think the Rev might be a good man to interview, I cam imagine that being a riot. Bifferman will no doubt see this, andyinvienna maybe not.

Failing that I'm sure there are many other members that would fit the bill.
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline JonesTheBass

• CBF Pro
« Reply #6 on: 21 January, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »
Sounds like a job for Alan Sh, since he's had so many different CBF's in the short time I've known him!  :164:

He does also have strong journalistic tendencies as anyone who has seen the ManHOC ride-out pics/reports will know.  :028:

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #7 on: 21 January, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
Since it's the result of a joint effort (vis-a-vis the entire forum membership), I figure the 'top ten accessories' posting should offer Andy what he's looking for in respect of add-ons.
Just don't get me started on aftermarket screens.
 :015:
Mike
https://www.cbf1000.com/index.php/topic,11600

Offline jontyg

• CBF Master
« Reply #8 on: 21 January, 2013, 08:53:40 PM »
Hi andyd
I believe this should be a joint effort here. Bifferman (Andy), Alansh and Rev Ken for the pastoral and spiritual input.   :028: Everything covered here with these three.

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
« Reply #9 on: 21 January, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
Andy - one thing I would add is use someone who has done a high mileage on both the Mk 1 and the Mk 2 and is knowledgeable on both. Ged, and Alan SH both fit these descriptions and are fairly pragmatic and knowledgeable bikers.  Some of the others mentioned are Mk 1 Experts (in the case of Bifferman who posts a lot has, I believe only done about 6 or 7 K in total on a Mk 1 over 3 years) - I would tend to go for a highish annual mileage biker with experience of both types.  I only cover about 5 K a year so would rule myself out on that front.

Rgds Steve   
« Last Edit: 21 January, 2013, 09:40:48 PM by golfsharpy12 »