Author Topic: Why. Just why?  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Why. Just why?
on: 27 June, 2012, 12:29:53 AM
My dad had installed an alarm system on the bike which I bought from him. It's a datatool S4C4. System 4 Category 4. According to datatool's own website "for all vehicles up to 125cc". Seriously. Chocolate teapot anyone?
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline RadMan

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2012 CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: Jordan Stn., ON
Re: Why. Just why?
Reply #1 on: 27 June, 2012, 03:50:29 PM
You're not exactly having a run of good luck lately!

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 27 June, 2012, 07:00:37 PM
But on the plus side, things can only get better. I just hope I can remember how to ride!
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #3 on: 28 June, 2012, 02:53:51 PM
*Originally Posted by Nuff [+]
But on the plus side, things can only get better. I just hope I can remember how to ride!

Naw mate I know you are joking but there is a serious side to this.  I was kicking my heels for months, just take it easy with a bit more positive brain input for the first few miles.   After my lengthy lay off, thinking about it now, it did take a few runs out before I felt like I was as one with the bike again but it doesn't take long.  Even being off for a few weeks the KEY is to stop and think safety before you disappear into the blue yonder.

Andy

:149:

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 28 June, 2012, 07:10:11 PM
Feels good to be back on. The 14 mile return trip from the dealership turned into 45 (Oops), mix of low speeds and high. Bike feels good, but needs a little TLC which I can feel. I will have to look to that after France. Feels right and natural riding again. Don't know what I was worried about.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Reply #5 on: 19 November, 2017, 09:39:06 PM
Half the reason bikers come a cropper in spring imo, is because many think they are like the back end of the year, wannabe Rossi's, and don't realise they have gotten rusty, or even altered "improved" :164:  the bike over winter and haven't taken the changes into consideration!!
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

diverse-leafy