Author Topic: Some voltmeters  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Rustyrig

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
Re: Some voltmeters
Reply #10 on: 29 February, 2012, 05:47:41 PM
"Lastly, I recon a 10mm LED winking at me is obscene so did some cut outs of both 5mm and 8mm and plumped for the 8mm LED which has a bezel around it.  I would have gone for the 5mm LED but the circuit board is not integrated with the bulb holding unit (too small) and I also wanted as neat a job as possible.   KISS + NEAT = JD."
I love the practicality of the cut outs.

Whats not been disgust yet Andy is at what cost is the unit available at, and are they ready now

Barry

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Reply #11 on: 29 February, 2012, 05:59:44 PM
So I can put my bits back in their boxes now Andy? I reckon you made the right choice there.
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #12 on: 29 February, 2012, 06:17:41 PM
9.90 + 0.60 p&P  :028:

Available right now. :028:

Sparkbright is a very small business run by Andrew Ferguson who is a most obliging chap and will code the warning light to do pretty much whatever you want, I went for simples.   I don't know if he charges a couple of squids extra for his time to reprogramme but he didn't me.  His tel number is 07903 368626

Nuff, thanks a lot matie but I was itching to get one ordered.

Andy

:149:
Last Edit: 29 February, 2012, 06:20:18 PM by Bifferman

Offline Rustyrig

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
Reply #13 on: 29 February, 2012, 06:53:54 PM
Thanks for that Andy and I'm sure I won't be the only one giving him a ring.

one more question where to put the led on the dash, I'm sure you'll have given that some thought

Barry

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #14 on: 29 February, 2012, 08:37:58 PM
*Originally Posted by Rustyrig [+]
Thanks for that Andy and I'm sure I won't be the only one giving him a ring.

one more question where to put the led on the dash, I'm sure you'll have given that some thought

Barry

I haven't actually - yet.  I will be examining location, electric take off points as I replace the nosecone and upper fairing stay.  Will also have the tank partially up as I guess the cabling will also have to reach back to the proximity of the battery.  I need to check the available space under the instrument cover but it looks as if there should be plenty.  I would be looking to position the light where it is aesthetically pleasing, not in my face for night time riding but neither tucked away so you can't see the damn thing.  I find a couple of bottles of Stella in the garage usually help.  The thing is though, if I get it wrong I have a get out of goal free card as I have a spare instrument panel cover left over from the saga Kestrel :015:

Andy

Offline ray smith

• CBF Master
Reply #15 on: 01 March, 2012, 04:05:27 PM
I have a battery bug. it gives a readout of voltage and battery life used and also the strength of the last start. it has various warning signals to advise of various failure. It's not cheap at about 55.00 but gives me peace of mind.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #16 on: 01 March, 2012, 05:59:01 PM
Ordered mine, should receive it tomorrow or Saturday.  Nice and simple, very discreet and a good price, let's hope it lives up to expectations.

Andy

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #17 on: 04 March, 2012, 12:09:03 PM
It arrived yesterday and a nice and well executed piece of kit.   Comes with compressive and clear instructions.  The number of voltage points and colour/flash frequency can be tailored to suit your own preference.  The 8mm LED looks just about right to me and is a similar size to the old Lucas warning lights on cars of the 60's and 70's and look nicely in proportion to the surrounding bezel.

Piccies attached for y'all to see, the last was with my 'little Helper' :002:

Andy

Offline ridgeback

• CBF Master
  • Bike: BMW K1200RS
  • City / Town: Somerset/Manilva
Reply #18 on: 04 March, 2012, 04:52:07 PM
Andy, your garage appears to be infested with wire-eating creatures.
Would you like to borrow a very large dog?
Jon

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #19 on: 07 March, 2012, 10:39:17 AM
Ah, that would be Mr Findlay one of our two feral cats that nobody wanted to give a home to and we 'adopted' from Cats Protection just before Christmas.  His partner in crime is Rags also known as Ragseybum due to her penchant of giving her bum a wiggle just before she pounces on you.

Andy