Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: headlight adjustment  (Read 4387 times)

Offline Brit182

• CBF God
  • Bike: 2012 CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: West London
Re: headlight adjustment
« Reply #10 on: 30 October, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »
Having dug out the Manual (Doh!)

32 is the knob as stated. There is no Horizontal adjustment.

Turning counter clockwise (as you look at the photo) lowers the beam, clockwise raises it (not that most will need that, unless you over do the lowering!)

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #11 on: 30 October, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »
Can't speak for the MK2 but on the MK1 there IS horizontal adjustement.  Adjustment for each light is done by a cross head screw located at the bottom of the bulb access hole. 

Andy

:149:

Offline Brit182

• CBF God
  • Bike: 2012 CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: West London
« Reply #12 on: 30 October, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »
Ah, Ha!

Well that's probably the difference between the Owners Manual and the Workshop Manual then!  :001:

Thanks Andy.

I'm afraid Mine's just going downwards. It was bad enough changing a headlight bulb last year (without taking the side faring off). I've no intention of trying to get to the aforementioned screw!

Besides, its more of a worry to aircraft than oncoming cars

Offline GEO

• 08 Biffer with Ermax lower fairing kit
  • Bike: 2008 CBF1000A
  • City / Town: CAIRNS
« Reply #13 on: 24 August, 2012, 12:14:26 PM »
I have just used your forum to adjust my biffers light - thanks to all. I did however manage to get access to everything by turning handle bars and there is enough (just) room to get your hand in there. Didn't try to replace bulbs or anything but I imagine I would be able to. Sounds like they all came out of the factory with searchlights.

Offline NeiljohnUK

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 F650GS
  • City / Town: Soton.
« Reply #14 on: 11 February, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nuff [+]
From the Xenon HID installation article.
32 is meant to mark the headlamp adjustment screws, but from that picture it looks like there is another screw looks the same to me diagonally opposed to them on each lamp. Maybe that's the horizontal adjustment.
I can confirm the screws at the bottom are the horizontal adjusters, just had to do mine
Formerly an EMT (1), now a Superintendent, not that makes any difference, still just as crazy...
I ride for pleasure, commute mostly by PTW, do most of my own spannering.
Started to do my IAM, having done the RoSPA version years ago, seems I'm not fast enough, unlike the Chief Observer I'm not prepared to do 50+ in a 40 limit, so I've given it up as a bad job, 'too slow to pass, too old to care'!

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #15 on: 13 February, 2019, 03:57:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by NeiljohnUK [+]
I can confirm the screws at the bottom are the horizontal adjusters, just had to do mine

I've just seen your 'strap line' reference your IAM Observer doing 50mph and expecting you to do the same in a 40mph zone. I don't know how long ago that was but he would be disciplined to-day as an observer and anybody speeding on test automatically fails. While I personally disagree with an 'automatic' fail for speeding, say when overtaking when the last thing I do is look at my speedo and so long as it is a 'sensible' speed it reduces time on the wrong side of the road and riding alongside vehicles that could pull out. No doubt some of my riding is not strictly in accordance with current IAM RoadSmart teaching, but never-the-less I value everything they taught me and still go out rides with them to get an objective view as to whether I am still safe as I am well past my sell by date.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

diverse-leafy