Author Topic: My ride has been Pimped!  (Read 7714 times)

Offline jontyg

• CBF Master
Re: My ride has been Pimped!
Reply #10 on: 15 October, 2011, 10:07:41 AM
  :002: Yes, it is a definate improvement but I'd like the front mudguard and bellypan to be white to match the rest of the bike. Personal choice though. I'm not sure about the screen,  :084:looks too tall in the photo but again, it's a personal choice thing.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Ferndown, Dorset
Reply #11 on: 15 October, 2011, 11:22:57 AM
*Originally Posted by jontyg [+]
  :002: Yes, it is a definate improvement but I'd like the front mudguard and bellypan to be white to match the rest of the bike. Personal choice though. I'm not sure about the screen,  :084:looks too tall in the photo but again, it's a personal choice thing.

I might have gone with white IF it had been the Pearl Cool White from Honda, but since it was just regular gloss white, I couldn't live with the mismatch, hence opting for the carbon effect.

I thought the belly pan in white (as seen on my bike in the Powerbronze pic on their website only emphasised the lap joint between the left and right sections: http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/5359344/818263/---HONDA-CBF1000FAA-FAB-10-11.model ).

I've just dropped my bike in at the dealers so they can sort the 2500rpm buzz from the upper fairing, however once I've got it back, I'll take a couple of side-on pics of the bike plus rider so you can see the fairing in proportion to the whole.
I don't think the Mk.II screen is as raked as that on the Mk.I, but I'd need to see the two bikes side by side to confirm that.

Mike
Last Edit: 15 October, 2011, 11:25:45 AM by Biker Mike

Offline johnstg2

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: Falkirk
Reply #12 on: 18 October, 2011, 07:20:54 PM
*Originally Posted by jontyg [+]
.....I'm not sure about the screen, looks too tall in the photo but again, it's a personal choice thing.

Note that in the photo it's on its highest position, it will adjust downwards a fair distance.

*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
.....I might have gone with white IF it had been the Pearl Cool White from Honda, but since it was just regular gloss white, I couldn't live with the mismatch, hence opting for the carbon effect......

I think the black mudguard looks great. It blends in well with the black panel that runs down the centre of the CBF's nose.
Boys never grow up - their toys just get more expensive.

Offline rider64

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2008 CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Toronto
Reply #13 on: 13 November, 2012, 12:38:48 AM
I just got a PB belly pan but after looking at it on the bike I don't think I will keep it. Looks too aftermarket. Also worried about it shaking loose while under way.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #14 on: 13 November, 2012, 10:29:55 AM
*Originally Posted by rider64 [+]
I just got a PB belly pan but after looking at it on the bike I don't think I will keep it. Looks too aftermarket. Also worried about it shaking loose while under way.

Picture or it doesn't exist :007:

Offline rider64

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2008 CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Toronto
Reply #15 on: 13 November, 2012, 10:48:35 PM
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]

Picture or it doesn't exist :007:

Looks exactly like the one in the OP's photos...

Offline Snibor

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAA
Reply #16 on: 26 November, 2012, 07:05:23 AM
I have a belly pan and matching front mudguard in my garage (carbon look) for the Mark2. NOW GONE        - on there way to a member in Finland. - Snibor                                                       
Last Edit: 21 January, 2013, 06:54:11 PM by Snibor