Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BT023's on the MK II  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Rose

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB White
  • City / Town: Lyneham
Re: BT023's on the MK II
« Reply #10 on: 05 October, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »
Alan, sorry I hijacked your thread..

I bit the bullet after speaking too Bridgstone today and upgraded the front to 23's.

This has now opened up a can or worms on another forum.  I asked the question about the balance weights on the tyre, bloody hate the things but thats another post for another time.  Anyway so heres the question, when they balance the tyre should it have the disc on it?

It would be nice to have a difinative answer.  Thanks
I was asked for an 8 character password, so I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #11 on: 06 October, 2011, 12:44:37 AM »
The aim is to have everything that rotates 'balanced' as a total unit. Therefore as the disc is part of the rotating mass, it should theoretically be included. However it is near the centre of rotation, and is much lighter than the wheel and tyre, so in practice it is unlikely to amke any discernable difference - especially as it is a precision machined part.
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
« Reply #12 on: 09 October, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »
why would you expend all that effort to remove the disks? They are part of the wheel and need to be on.

Incidentally, my BT023 front needed no weights!!!

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #13 on: 10 October, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »
Hi Rose

It was good to read that you bit the bullet and put a BT023 on the front as well as the rear.  I wrestled with changing my BT057's at 1,500 miles but that was one of the best things I could have done and so is yours :028: - trying to give you some support here :002: the tyres and the (small) contact patch with the road has to be one of the most important safety aspects on a bike.  For the same reason I can never ever understanf why some peeps insist of screwing the last mile out of a tyre where tread depth is concerned, fine in the dry but in the wet stuff :187: why would you take the risk :087:

On the wheel balancing front I read this as both Rev Ken and Alansh are actually agreeing with each other.  Have wheels balanced with the discs in situ, simple as that.   Can't see why it would stir a hornets nest elsewhere :087: :187:

Andy

:149:

Offline alex75van

• Bike: CBF1000FA 2010
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #14 on: 21 November, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
Hi everyone from Athens
Last week i put the second pair of BT023 on my bike (MKII). After 14.000km with them, i have to admit that they are reliable, stable and gives you confident in wet conditions. I had a summer trip around Italy, Austria and Germany and i think they fit really good with the character of the bike.
The next pair would be the new Roadsmart II, when they arrive in Greece, because as i remember from them (Roadsmart I) in my previous TDM900, they gave the bike very fast cornering ability.
Sorry about my poor english.
Have a nice and safe day!

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #15 on: 21 November, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by alex75van [+]
Hi everyone from Athens
Last week i put the second pair of BT023 on my bike (MKII). After 14.000km with them, i have to admit that they are reliable, stable and gives you confident in wet conditions. I had a summer trip around Italy, Austria and Germany and i think they fit really good with the character of the bike.
The next pair would be the new Roadsmart II, when they arrive in Greece, because as i remember from them (Roadsmart I) in my previous TDM900, they gave the bike very fast cornering ability.
Sorry about my poor english.
Have a nice and safe day!

There's nothing wrong with your English - it is entirely understandable and it's better than some 'native' speakers.... :164:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

diverse-leafy