Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: tyre sizes  (Read 524 times)

Offline powerfulpete

• CBF Pro
tyre sizes
« on: 11 August, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »
hi just had a set of bridgestone 023s fitted today.before  i removed the pr2s i measuered width across back tyre it was 175mm on the 023 it is 160 as it should be and also the tread width on pr2 was 230mm from edge to edge and 023 is 200mm so the profile of the pr2 was much more rounded.i wonder if thats why you could never get right to edge of tyre on pr2 i had qaurter of inch left on mine and ive touched both pegs down on road,just an observation

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
Re: tyre sizes
« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »
Could it be that the profile on your older PR2's has simply settled with age and the 023's being new still have to bed in ?

Andy

:149:

Offline powerfulpete

• CBF Pro
« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »
possibly i have no comparison to go by but i woulnt have thought it would distort that much

Offline dunclivvy

• CBF Member
« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »
The width of a tyre in Europe is always a "Nominal" width as set by the E.T.R.T.O (European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation. There are tolerances built in and sizes can and do vary between manufacturers. You often find that a "better" quality tyre is wider than a "cheaper" import where the tyre maker uses less raw materials in the manufacturing process. (You usually get what you pay for in life!!!)

diverse-leafy