Author Topic: Top Ten Mods & Accessories  (Read 124211 times)

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: Top Ten Mods & Accessories
Reply #250 on: 10 July, 2020, 07:13:45 AM
Cheers Robbo, better late than never eh?  :mfrlol:

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Reply #251 on: 10 July, 2020, 01:13:39 PM

:430: Sorry, I've been chasing my tail around recently, I'll try to answer a lot quicker in the future!! btw did we ever find out if we sorted the OP??  :006:

*Originally Posted by Shed [+]
Cheers Robbo, better late than never eh?  :mfrlol:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline bobilovsky123

• CBF Pro
Reply #252 on: 24 October, 2020, 09:29:51 PM
 Mk1 (08)
Colour coded topbox and panniers
MRA Vario Screen
Knuckle Deflectors
Pyramid rear Hugger
Fender Extender
Oxford Heated Grips
Tom Tom Sat Nav
Scottoiler
Ohlin Front Springs & Rear Shock
Avon Storms
The best mods were : Ohlin front Springs : MRA Screen : Heated Grips.
Right away from new, I had Michelin PR2s, then 3s, then 4s and 5s. Thought I would have a change and find the Avon's very good indeed,
5000 miles on them and still lots of tread left. Bike still going strong (76,800 mls).. :046:

Offline bobilovsky123

• CBF Pro
Reply #253 on: 24 October, 2020, 09:38:59 PM
Forgot to add a Givi Tanklock bag, and USB and Cigarette Lighter sockets.

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
Reply #254 on: 25 October, 2020, 12:03:09 PM
How many stators in all those miles  :062:

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Reply #255 on: 25 October, 2020, 01:31:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Piper [+]
How many stators in all those miles  :062:

:182: If I was a gambling man I'd wager no more than one maybe less, the SC58 is better on stators than the myth.

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
Reply #256 on: 26 October, 2020, 10:01:27 AM
I bet it depends on whether he has had the Honda upgraded one complete with new flywheel ( have seen a report for 60,000 miles for this combination) or just the cheaper stator only option from an independent manufacture/supplier. 

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Reply #257 on: 26 October, 2020, 10:54:46 AM
Much has been written on stator failure not just the SC58 and not just Honda. Neither the stator manufacturers nor the motorcycle manufacturers are letting on what the real fault is. As you say under warranty Honda replace the stator and the flywheel which leads me to wonder if the fault is with the flywheel and not the stator or, is the fault really with both? Maybe Honda replaced the flywheel and the stator because they wanted to protect their reputation with the customer feel good that comes with having a had a £1,000.00 repair on Honda. Then again maybe Honda just didn't know.

How is it nobody seems to know what the difference is between the original factory fitted parts and the warranty replacements?

Offline Crispy

• CBF Pro
Reply #258 on: 26 October, 2020, 11:14:36 AM
My bike mechanic/MOT tester said the stator will be fine so long as itís been fitted correctly. Maybe something happened when the MK1 SC58 was built in Italy? I think the MK2 SC64 was built in Thailand.

I think the next mod Iím going to put on my Biffer is a volt meter.

Last Edit: 26 October, 2020, 11:16:37 AM by Crispy

Offline MohKraats

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Almere
Reply #259 on: 10 April, 2021, 09:37:56 PM
My mods so far:

1- Michellin Road 5 tires   5/5     just perfect, best I ever had
2- CHAD comfort seat      4/5     A lot better then the original, and better then air pillow
3- PUIG Wheel hugger     4/5     Saves a lot of dirt in my back suspension, though still could reach further back to my taste
4- Power Commander       3/5     A load of money, but still keeps the engine a bit cooler, especially in town.
5- LED headlight               5/5     Is just needed to see something in the dark. (Aliexpress bulb replacement. Needs careful selection to find a good one)
6- Koso Temp readout      5/5     This is what Honda forgot on this bike (Aliexpress part )
7- Gear indicator               3/5     Well, after installing, I realize, I don`t really need it. It doesn`t work with clutch engaged.....(Aliexpress part )
8- Blind spot mirrors         5/5      Should have done this fom the start.
9- Scott Oiler                    5/5      Best there is, never without again.
10- Rear indicators           5/5      (Aliexpress part ) has flowing LED indicator, bt also includes Breaklight that starts flashing, then stays on as long as brakes are on.
11- MRA screen with clamp-on  4/5   (Aliexpress part ) Clamp on extension on the MRA touring screen. Though better Still not high enough for me
12- Selfmade screen       5/5      Finally high enough screen that keeps me out of the wind / wind-noise
13- GIVI Top case            5/5     Top case with included extra LED brakelight bar.
14- Battery monitor          4/5     Bluetooth battery monitor (Aliexpress part ).  Is a nice gimmic to monitor your battery voltage and/or test the voltage when crancking. I can check the voltage from my livingroom with the bike in the garage...

And probably some more, I forgot about .....

Greez,

Moh

diverse-leafy