Author Topic: Top Ten Mods & Accessories  (Read 119449 times)

Offline MentalMoses

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C
  • City / Town: Leicester
Re: Top Ten Mods & Accessories
Reply #150 on: 14 May, 2014, 02:35:47 PM
Received my Givi panniers yesterday from Motocard in Spain. £399 for boxes and holders. very happy with them lovely people at Motocard.
the biffer is now a wide ass old girl.
g/f says i need to go out and practice filtering through traffic to get an idea of the width. its near as dammit a metre wide at the rear now.
my old CBF 600 had the proper Honda luggage and didn't seem anywhere near as wide.
anyhoo. just waiting for my MRA x-creen to arrive and I'm all set for Stelvio in about 7 weeks with the lads
 :007:

here's some photies

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Ferndown, Dorset
Reply #151 on: 14 May, 2014, 02:51:20 PM
*Originally Posted by MentalMoses [+]
Received my Givi panniers yesterday from Motocard in Spain. £399 for boxes and holders. very happy with them lovely people at Motocard.
the biffer is now a wide ass old girl.
g/f says i need to go out and practice filtering through traffic to get an idea of the width. its near as dammit a metre wide at the rear now.
my old CBF 600 had the proper Honda luggage and didn't seem anywhere near as wide.
anyhoo. just waiting for my MRA x-creen to arrive and I'm all set for Stelvio in about 7 weeks with the lads

Unless you're planning to invest in the Givi version, you might want to consider getting a short length of 22mm pipe insulation foam, so you can make a backrest on that top box for your g/f.
Mike

Offline jockytam23

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000GT FAC
  • City / Town: Armagh
Reply #152 on: 26 June, 2014, 07:05:51 PM
Powerbronze hugger  5/5
powerbronze fender xtenda  5/5
powerbronze chrome rad cover 5/5
R&G crash bungs  not tested
oxford heated grips  5/5
Givi screen  5/5
Handlebar bridge 5/5
12v socket marine 5/5
arrow exhaust   4/5
decals  nice enough looking
Honda tank decal  5/5
carbon wrapped bottom v on the fairings 10/5 this is a great addition looks good and keeps the white nice and costs little.
GT pack 5/5
Last Edit: 26 June, 2014, 07:17:15 PM by jockytam23

Offline 4fingers

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Malvern
Reply #153 on: 09 July, 2014, 07:25:24 PM
Does the Givi screen make a big difference? Need some opinions before I part with too many spondulies!

Offline captkerk

• CBF Member
  • Bike: '12 CBF, 14 F6B
  • City / Town: RockyMtnHouse,AB
Reply #154 on: 25 July, 2014, 04:45:43 AM
front fender extender  3/5 could be longer but looks and functions ok
House hold bug screen over rad to stop bugs, dirt, small rocks  4/5  prevents clogging of and damage to rad fins
Rear carrier frame, Hondaline, 5/5  top notch accessory allows all sorts of carrier tops to be fastened securly to bike.
Cal Sci windshield 4/5  could be a bit better finished, some sharpish edges, but does a very good job of cutting out turbulance and protecting one from bugs and the elements when required
Air temperature thermometer, lab type, 4/5.  Bike should have had this as part of the digital read-outs available.  One of the more important pieces of info you may need on a long trip, or when you push the riding season envelope, as we might, in the north
Hondaline (Givi) panniers, 4/5, very nice fit and finish.  a bit finnicky to load, but they work well, fit securely, and look good.
I added a 12VDC power outlet to the front of the bike frame, just inside the fairing.  Very handy. 4/5

Pete
Last Edit: 08 August, 2014, 04:44:46 AM by captkerk
It's not what you ride, it's all about motorcycling.  Get out there and "giv'er!" :D

Offline Mvalkeinen

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: Honda CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Skövde
Reply #155 on: 04 August, 2014, 02:55:27 PM
Leovince slipon 5/5 excellent sound
12v at my dashboard 5/5 so useful
Under fairing 4/5
Honda topbox+panniers 4/5 don't like the topbox that much
K&N airfilter 4/5

I've been trying to find another dashboard for my cbf, ideas where I can get one?
Also interested in getting knuckle deflectors and another saddle. I guess ebay is cheapest for this?

Offline captkerk

• CBF Member
  • Bike: '12 CBF, 14 F6B
  • City / Town: RockyMtnHouse,AB
Reply #156 on: 08 August, 2014, 03:42:32 AM
There are many aftermarket hand protectors mostly used for dirt bikes  Moose racing, Bark Busters, etc.  They are plenty tough.  Ensure you have enough handle bar space to mount the inner bracket.  I notice these bikes don't have a lot of room for accessories on the bars close to the controls.  Pete
It's not what you ride, it's all about motorcycling.  Get out there and "giv'er!" :D

Offline Montblanc

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FAC
  • City / Town: Geneva
Reply #157 on: 08 August, 2014, 10:31:59 PM
I just got my bike and have a lot of questions about the best mods and accessories so am looking forward to the results of this poll. Thanks to let me know when the results are in. :460:
Montblanc

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Ferndown, Dorset
Reply #158 on: 08 August, 2014, 10:45:15 PM
*Originally Posted by Montblanc [+]
I just got my bike and have a lot of questions about the best mods and accessories so am looking forward to the results of this poll. Thanks to let me know when the results are in. :460:
This thread required a lot of maintenance to compile the entries so it hasn't been updated for a while.
That said, the results haven't changed dramatically since the last time I produced the stats:
https://www.cbf1000.com/index.php/topic,11600.msg149809.html#msg149809
Just make a quick review of subsequent postings to see what's new on the scene. I doubt you'll find too much to be honest.
Mike

Offline powerglide

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA
Reply #159 on: 23 August, 2014, 05:54:18 PM
A Power Commander is really the best thing to get for the Biffer.
The flat top in the middle of the register on an unmodded CBF1000F is really annoying.

I didn't see it in the chart though.

diverse-leafy