Author Topic: Top Ten Mods & Accessories  (Read 119439 times)

Offline Thiss

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
Re: Top Ten Mods & Accessories
Reply #110 on: 07 September, 2012, 07:42:20 AM
Got your email Andy on the subject - tks - I'll put it on my shopping list along side a new "turn alert" - took mine off the old bike and started fitting it last night (hence the wiring diagram request) and fried the fekker in the process.

Offline BORN AGAIN BIKER

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Silver MK1 GT
  • City / Town: WINDSOR
Reply #111 on: 17 September, 2012, 12:17:22 PM
Late MK1 GT in silver.
Honda lowers and lugage 5/5
Scott oiler 5/5
Powerbronze fender extender 5/5
Powerbronze hugger (black) 2/5 this would have been 4/5 if not for the aggro I have had.
Honda Knuckle deflectors 4/5
Beowulf Radiator Grille 5/5 works well and a nice bit of bling
Smidsy Indicator warning 4/5 easy fit, just knowing it is there keeps me focused
Bikeviz LED side lights 5/5 this should have been the first mod I did.
Bikeviz bullet lamps 5/5 best mod I have fitted and only took an hour  :152:
Wish list
Bikeviz bullet lamps, already purchased.
Coms
Gear indicator
Heated grips
Flash paint job
Last Edit: 01 March, 2013, 07:55:03 PM by BORN AGAIN BIKER

Offline Thiss

• CBF Master
Reply #112 on: 17 September, 2012, 01:39:00 PM
Tracked down a new Datatool turn alert on eBay and fitted it at the weekend - dead easy jobby if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Potential life saver - 5/5

Offline BORN AGAIN BIKER

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Silver MK1 GT
  • City / Town: WINDSOR
Reply #113 on: 17 September, 2012, 01:57:40 PM
*Originally Posted by Thiss [+]
Tracked down a new Datatool turn alert on eBay and fitted it at the weekend - dead easy jobby if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Potential life saver - 5/5

Was it a one off or have they more available as I am in the market for one?

Graham

Offline vfrphil

• CBF Master
Top Ten Mods & Accessories
Reply #114 on: 17 September, 2012, 05:32:28 PM
59 plate Mk 1 silver Gt with the following

*Nice big scratch and slightly bent brake pedal from where Dad dropped it :-/
*Heated grips (So nice! In winter And allows all year round biking and able to use less bulky gloves) although I'm not sure if these were standard on the GT's
*Garmin Zumo 550 works well despite not being able to hear it
*Bagster baglux and tank bag/rucksack invaluable for any trip/day out and it expands.
*Autocom it's wired up but have yet got round to fitting mic/earphones to my lid yet but I know it works as was plugged into dads lid.
*black rear hugger (not sure of the make) although it could be better at keeping the shock clean.

Wish list:
* different screen but not sure which one yet.
* fender extender
*rad guard
*new front pads!
*Hand guards/ or the ones that attach to the fairing.

Currently pilots a 2009 CBF1000GT, with Beowulf cans and fender extender.

Offline Thiss

• CBF Master
Reply #115 on: 17 September, 2012, 05:55:45 PM
*Originally Posted by BORN AGAIN BIKER [+]
Was it a one off or have they more available as I am in the market for one?

Graham

It was here - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/bridge-motorcycles-ltd - none listed now, but you could mail them

My original one fried (cos I got my wires crossed!) and I contacted DataTool direct to see if they had any left - they hadn't but suggested I rang round some dealers...

Offline 4ShoreRider

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Bridgewater,NS
Reply #116 on: 16 October, 2012, 06:08:40 PM
Honda full luggage (4/5 as top box hard on passengers back until added cushioning to it),
wind deflectors 4/5 (essential here to extend riding season),
Honda grip heaters (5/5) which are the "great equalizer to the cold https://www.cbf1000.com/Smileys/cbf1000/152.gif,
a Wolo air horn (4/5) which has been used many times to get attention of inattentive drivers
Givi wind screen (4/5), which again is a main stay in cold weather as it deflects air over you, but causes more "dirty air" for the passenger,
Deer Whistles (?/5) don't know if they work or not, but at least I haven't hit any lately https://www.cbf1000.com/Smileys/cbf1000/001.gif

Offline riles

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Wilts/Dorset/Som
Reply #117 on: 23 October, 2012, 11:27:51 AM
Have you got one of these on yer biffer?
They cost nothing at your local tyre/tire centre/center and might be just what you need one day!!

Offline G200Sleepr

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 (RIP)
  • City / Town: Rockhampton
Reply #118 on: 01 February, 2013, 02:47:42 AM
Acumen DGV5 Gear and voltage counter - 3, I would have given this a 5, however of late the voltage meter has stopped working, and the gear indication is sometimes a bit laggy. I really liked this, and I really want to like it still....

RJAYS 48L Top Box - 4, Almost the same capacity as the honda one, has a back rest, I was able to wire a LED stop light into it as the reflector and lens was already fitted. Best part of all, $150AUD

Motodry Side panneir bags, 4, Wish it was the colour coded real deal, big capacity and only $150 for the pair.

Cigarette Lighter jack fitted to dash, 4, Great addition, rarely use these days.

Pirelli Angels,  3, These tyres are quite grippy, and look the part too with their angel halos/devil horns (depending on wear). However, at only 10 dollars a tire cheaper than the Road Pilot 2/3's I will be returning to these as the Angels had given me only about 6-8000km whereas i get between 12-16000km from the Michelins, with the same traction.

Projector HID Headlight Upgrade, 5+++++++++++++, I would rate this a much MUCH higher number. I would give this a 10 out of 5 if I could, it looks great, and the light performance is brilliant. low beam is bright and clear, high beam is much much better of an improvement. It is nice that the bike has a symmetrical look now. On low beam it uses 70w (2 x 35w ballasts, 15w more than standard) and high beam is 70w (40w less than standard). The way it is wired, during the day I only have the angel eyes on, drawing about 1w of power (They are still more visible than the headlight was anyway). Lots less stress on the actuator YAY  :046:

That is my mods so far.

G2.
Last Edit: 01 February, 2013, 02:50:24 AM by G200Sleepr
There are only 2 tools you need in life, WD-40 and Duct Tape.If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct tape, If its doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.

There are two rules for success...
1) Never tell everything you know, and
2) _________________________

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Ferndown, Dorset
Reply #119 on: 01 February, 2013, 07:23:32 AM
Same as this one then?
http://yowaustralia.com/content/rjays-top-box
I'm guessing this is a home market only as it's not a make I've come across previously.
Mike