Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Top Ten Mods & Accessories  (Read 91219 times)

Offline lph114

• CBF Member
  • Lifetime biker, on my second CBF
  • Bike: CBF 1000F GT
  • City / Town: Buckhurst Hill
Re: Top Ten Mods & Accessories
« Reply #220 on: 28 February, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »
Not sure if I've done right, but pics are in my Gallery page under LPH114
Paul
White 2014 GT, Touratech rear rack, two tone Touratech hand protectors, Redfox rear hugger, Redfox belly pan, Garmin 350 Sat Nav, dual USB charger, White 35ltr Givi box, Stebel horn, running lights, MRS Vario Xscreen, heated grips, Fuel exhaust, lower fairing removed.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #221 on: 28 February, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by lph114 [+]
Paul
Sorry.
Guess I should have looked there first.
 :016:

Offline Pojken

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 2010 FAA
  • City / Town: Västerås
« Reply #222 on: 01 March, 2017, 08:12:37 AM »
Paul

Hi. I looked at ypur pics in the gallery. Where did you buy the frontlight? Is it good and easy to install, cost ?
I should need more light when its dark...
Pojken.

Offline lph114

• CBF Member
  • Lifetime biker, on my second CBF
  • Bike: CBF 1000F GT
  • City / Town: Buckhurst Hill
« Reply #223 on: 01 March, 2017, 10:01:42 AM »
Hi
Thanks for your interest in the "front light"

They do not throw a beam and are "daylight running" lights, mainly to be seen, not to see !
Fitting is a bit fiddly, but if you download Honda's own fitting instructions all becomes clear, you just have to buy a couple of small brackets. They are wired into the lighting circuit and only come on with the ignition.
I bought them from ebay and paid about £35.00 , an awful lot cheaper than Honda ones, but I can't remember which site, though should be easy to find if you search "daytime running lights"
They are very bright ! worth fitting I think.
Good luck.
White 2014 GT, Touratech rear rack, two tone Touratech hand protectors, Redfox rear hugger, Redfox belly pan, Garmin 350 Sat Nav, dual USB charger, White 35ltr Givi box, Stebel horn, running lights, MRS Vario Xscreen, heated grips, Fuel exhaust, lower fairing removed.

Offline Pojken

• CBF Member
« Reply #224 on: 02 March, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
Hi
Thanks for your interest in the "front light"

They do not throw a beam and are "daylight running" lights, mainly to be seen, not to see !
Fitting is a bit fiddly, but if you download Honda's own fitting instructions all becomes clear, you just have to buy a couple of small brackets. They are wired into the lighting circuit and only come on with the ignition.
I bought them from ebay and paid about £35.00 , an awful lot cheaper than Honda ones, but I can't remember which site, though should be easy to find if you search "daytime running lights"
They are very bright ! worth fitting I think.
Good luck.

Thank you. Looking for really bright lights not daytime lights so i will be continue searching.
Pojken.

Offline Taurus66

• CBF Member
« Reply #225 on: 26 March, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »
Not sure if anyone knows this or tried it it, but i recently bought a 2005 honda Varadero tall touring screen.. with a couple of slight modifications ie cuts for the mirror mounts and dremel out the lower slots for fixing , i got the screen to fit with little hassle..

Tried it out yesterday and it seems to work pretty well for me..

Offline Pojken

• CBF Member
« Reply #226 on: 09 May, 2017, 07:05:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Montblanc [+]
Thanks to post your experience with the Touratechs as am in the market for hand protectors (hoping to start the season early!). Would be useful to know what model you purchased, cost, how well they fit, color and how pleased you are (or not) with them. Much appreciated.

Hi again. Now i have tried out the touratech handguards and they work very well. I"am pleased and the wind doesent come on the hands as earlier. I have also put on power commander 5 and got it tuned in also. Big difference...i dont need to use gears as much as earlier and the tuning company said that earlier it took a lot of fuel even in 5th gear..now it is also fixed and more power...going to Norway on a biking tour in next month for about 9 days and it will be a great ride i hope. Take care.
Pojken.

Offline shads44music

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 AA
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #227 on: 21 October, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »
 Hi,With all the extras to go on my bike will I need something to help run them I.E.  Sat Nav USB point phone road save cameras front and rear heated grips !!!

Offline HGP

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Silver CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Lanark
« Reply #228 on: 21 October, 2018, 12:52:35 PM »
Hi Shads
I have accessories wired through a seperate fusebox and controlled by a 5 pin relay fitted under the left hand side panel. picture posted recently in one of the threads in the electrical section of the forum. Hope this helps.
Gavin

Offline shads44music

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 AA
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #229 on: 21 October, 2018, 01:12:14 PM »
Thanks I will look