Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Our service costs  (Read 15885 times)

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Our service costs
« Reply #280 on: 17 May, 2016, 05:48:56 PM »
OK folks lets keep this topic for service costs, yes oil costs are interesting, but please start another thread for oil costs etc.

Josiah ( still )  :125: ( and in the last 2 months has ridden approx 2400 miles and cleaned his bike 3 times )
I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #281 on: 17 May, 2016, 06:08:44 PM »
In this case Josiah, I disagree.
Reason being, I supply my choice of oil to the dealer in preference to them using their regular semi-synth, same as I have done with the coolant, so it will result in a reduced bill at the dealers when they've finished, but still an important factor in terms of overall service cost.

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #282 on: 18 May, 2016, 05:51:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
In this case Josiah, I disagree.
Reason being, I supply my choice of oil to the dealer in preference to them using their regular semi-synth, same as I have done with the coolant, so it will result in a reduced bill at the dealers when they've finished, but still an important factor in terms of overall service cost.
Hello Mike
I accept your point and it's now on the topic, but the subject was starting to wander.

Josiah ( still )  :125: ( and is now thinking about another koffy )
I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Offline Dave 01

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda Cbf100A
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #283 on: 07 March, 2017, 03:32:17 AM »
Dare I say this but, the service costs here are real expensive, If you have a new bike I can see that you will want to pay for the service and keep the value of your machine is the most priority, but Mine is a 2008 cbf 1000 and I think I'll have a go at servicing it myself as I am very mechanical minded and have serviced my own cars for years and have saved thousands of pounds on body work and maintenance.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here.

I realize that many people are lost when it comes to a bit of DIY, but simple things like changing out pads and plugs etc, read up in the manual how to do them like I will. i.e. I just found out you have to almost take the petrol tank off to change the plugs....

I understand I will come across things on my bike that I will not be able to do myself, in that case I will search around for reasonable prices. I was quoted at my local garage around £120:00 for a service and thought that was not too bad.

When getting quotes for servicing etc, Shop around- get a ball park figure and hold them to it, there are honest mechanics out there and they will be a benefit if they are good, reasonably priced and reliable.

Good Luck.....

diverse-leafy