Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Our service costs  (Read 39227 times)

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Our service costs
« Reply #280 on: 17 May, 2016, 05:48:56 PM »
OK folks lets keep this topic for service costs, yes oil costs are interesting, but please start another thread for oil costs etc.

Josiah ( still )  :125: ( and in the last 2 months has ridden approx 2400 miles and cleaned his bike 3 times )
I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #281 on: 17 May, 2016, 06:08:44 PM »
In this case Josiah, I disagree.
Reason being, I supply my choice of oil to the dealer in preference to them using their regular semi-synth, same as I have done with the coolant, so it will result in a reduced bill at the dealers when they've finished, but still an important factor in terms of overall service cost.

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #282 on: 18 May, 2016, 05:51:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Biker Mike [+]
In this case Josiah, I disagree.
Reason being, I supply my choice of oil to the dealer in preference to them using their regular semi-synth, same as I have done with the coolant, so it will result in a reduced bill at the dealers when they've finished, but still an important factor in terms of overall service cost.
Hello Mike
I accept your point and it's now on the topic, but the subject was starting to wander.

Josiah ( still )  :125: ( and is now thinking about another koffy )
I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Offline Dave 01

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda Cbf100A
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #283 on: 07 March, 2017, 03:32:17 AM »
Dare I say this but, the service costs here are real expensive, If you have a new bike I can see that you will want to pay for the service and keep the value of your machine is the most priority, but Mine is a 2008 cbf 1000 and I think I'll have a go at servicing it myself as I am very mechanical minded and have serviced my own cars for years and have saved thousands of pounds on body work and maintenance.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here.

I realize that many people are lost when it comes to a bit of DIY, but simple things like changing out pads and plugs etc, read up in the manual how to do them like I will. i.e. I just found out you have to almost take the petrol tank off to change the plugs....

I understand I will come across things on my bike that I will not be able to do myself, in that case I will search around for reasonable prices. I was quoted at my local garage around £120:00 for a service and thought that was not too bad.

When getting quotes for servicing etc, Shop around- get a ball park figure and hold them to it, there are honest mechanics out there and they will be a benefit if they are good, reasonably priced and reliable.

Good Luck.....

Offline Dave Scotland

• Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Irvine
« Reply #284 on: 17 November, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »
I've got a CBF1000 A9 (Mk1) 2010 plate & just 6000 miles on clock, although not yet completed the 8000 miles due to age of bike I thought it best to have that service completed so I've listed below what I paid to have work done:-

Collection & return of bike in dealer transport from/too my home (15 mile each way).
8000 mile service as per Honda manual  which of course included engine oil & filter change
They've cleaned & lubes chain & tightened steering bearing.
Anti freeze changed.
Brake & clutch fluids changed.

After a winter discount of £30 the total cost for parts, labour & collection/return of bike from home in dealer transport (15 mile each way) was £172 plus VAT.

This work was done by North Harbour Honda Motorcycles of Ayr.

I'm always pleased with the customer service & quality of work by this dealer, they don't mind you visiting the shop any time just to browse & chat with sales, service & workshop staff over complimentary drinks or soup so I'm very happy.

Dave Scotland

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #285 on: 17 March, 2020, 06:56:27 PM »
8,000 mile DIM service, that’s 5,000 miles over winter

3L Motul 5100 10-W40 4T semi synthetic engine oil
HiFlo HF204 oil filter
2L TRIPLE QX red anti-freeze & summer coolant
Bridgestone 120/70 ZR17 BT-023 front tyre
N/S front cowl (used off eBay)
N/S mirror complete (used off eBay)

After the usual 50 point inspection from front to back the only issues found were

Full on troubleshooting of the radiator fan
Crankcase breather pipe full of water, I was out in Storm Ciara
Rear brake light coming on late and sticking, switch cleaned and adjusted, that farmer's field was a bit of a mud bath.
Charging issue - At 5,000 RPM its only charging at 14.2v, stator coils output 3x 40vAC, am I bovvered?

Total cost and a total bargain at £165.92 + 2 days DIM leisurely labour. I know it's been a proper job, no corners cut and no working within time constraints. We’re good to go for another 4,000 smiles

Happy Days
« Last Edit: 17 March, 2020, 07:07:28 PM by Art »

diverse-leafy