Author Topic: Our service costs  (Read 73575 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#240

Offline Minotaur # 3

  • CBF Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Bike: cbf1000 a9
  • City / Town: london
Re: Our service costs
Reply #240 on: 23 January, 2015, 02:06:33 PM
I just emailed 1stline (arnos Grove, London) to ask about the 40k service. Here's their answer - seems reasonable, but then I'm new around here:
 :465:

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your enquiry.
A 40,000 mile service on your bike is a basic service which is approx 195.
We would carry out the following:
□   Replace engine oil with Castrol semi synthetic oil
□   Replace oil filter with a Honda OEM filter
□   Remove the brake pads to inspect, clean and re-fit.
□   Clean brake callipers of dirt and brake dust
□   Inspect, adjust and lubricate drive chain
□   Top up coolant
□   Lubricate footpegs hinges, locks, stands and clutch cable
□   Inspect for leaks on the engine, coolant, transmission, brakes, clutch and suspension
□   Inspect tyres and rims for wear and damage
□   Inspect disc brakes for wear and damage
□   Inspect exhaust condition
□   Inspect brake levers for correct operation, feel and brake fluid level
□   Check starter motor and battery by way of a startability test
□   Inspect throttle feel and operation
□   Check clutch and gear change feel and operation
□   Listen to engine note and adjust idle speed if required
□   Check horn and all lights are operating correctly
□   Inspect steering feel and operation

We are a solus Honda main dealer and an approved service centre.
Please call us to book your bike into our workshop.

Kind Regards

#241

Offline Montblanc

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 699
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FAC
  • City / Town: Geneva
Re: Our service costs
Reply #241 on: 23 January, 2015, 02:12:09 PM
I am in Geneva and that would be a good price here, about a 50-75 GBP discount all in.
Montblanc

#242

Offline phild

  • CBF Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1691
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
  • Country: gb
Re: Our service costs
Reply #242 on: 23 January, 2015, 02:21:04 PM
I use my local guy for both my MK2 and my wife's CBF600SA......and I'm happy with his work........but I don't have to pay London prices. :028:

Minor service for mine 121 and 117 for the wife's.

#243

Offline Robo

  • CBF God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4322
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Re: Our service costs
Reply #243 on: 23 January, 2015, 05:22:11 PM
*Originally Posted by Minotaur # 3 [+]
I just emailed 1stline (arnos Grove, London) to ask about the 40k service. Here's their answer - seems reasonable, but then I'm new around here:
 :465:

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your enquiry.
A 40,000 mile service on your bike is a basic service which is approx 195.
We would carry out the following:
□   Replace engine oil with Castrol semi synthetic oil
□   Replace oil filter with a Honda OEM filter
□   Remove the brake pads to inspect, clean and re-fit.
□   Clean brake callipers of dirt and brake dust
□   Inspect, adjust and lubricate drive chain
□   Top up coolant
□   Lubricate footpegs hinges, locks, stands and clutch cable
□   Inspect for leaks on the engine, coolant, transmission, brakes, clutch and suspension
□   Inspect tyres and rims for wear and damage
□   Inspect disc brakes for wear and damage
□   Inspect exhaust condition
□   Inspect brake levers for correct operation, feel and brake fluid level
□   Check starter motor and battery by way of a startability test
□   Inspect throttle feel and operation
□   Check clutch and gear change feel and operation
□   Listen to engine note and adjust idle speed if required
□   Check horn and all lights are operating correctly
□   Inspect steering feel and operation

We are a solus Honda main dealer and an approved service centre.
Please call us to book your bike into our workshop.

Kind Regards

I must say what are you paying for ?

A 40k should include a valve inspection and adjustment if needed. the only thing he is offering is an oil change and maybe blowing some s**t out the pads.

Ever thing is , inspect or look,top up.....   Not hard??

Save some cash and if you need someone to do the work take it to ,

http://www.chasbikes.co.uk/ or http://www.essentialrubbertyres.co.uk/Welcome.html

I have nothing to do with these companies , I'm not trying to sell them to you but lots of my courier mates use both, I do my own work..
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

#244

Offline Bifferman

  • Ex Member
  • CBF God
  • *****
  • Posts: 13028
  • Country: england
Re: Our service costs
Reply #244 on: 23 January, 2015, 05:49:31 PM
*Originally Posted by Robo [+]
I must say what are you paying for ?

A 40k should include a valve inspection and adjustment if needed. the only thing he is offering is an oil change and maybe blowing some s**t out the pads.

Ever thing is , inspect or look,top up.....   Not hard??

Save some cash and if you need someone to do the work take it to ,

http://www.chasbikes.co.uk/ or http://www.essentialrubbertyres.co.uk/Welcome.html

I have nothing to do with these companies , I'm not trying to sell them to you but lots of my courier mates use both, I do my own work..

Oh Yea, and he will adjust the idle speed if required, clever that seeing as it is not adjustable.

#245

Offline olliesme

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 704
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Stockport
  • Country: england
Re: Our service costs
Reply #245 on: 23 January, 2015, 05:58:19 PM
Hi Minotaur,

I think someone is taking the p*** with that price.

Looking at that list you could do it yourself. Changing the oil and filters is straight forward . A lot of the checks and inspections are  what I would do routinely at weekend before a rideout as a matter of safety. 

I've not looked at adjusting the valves but would give it a go . There's always advice on the forum and in the manual. It may take longer than a dealer but at least you know its been done as per the book.

Go on, give it a go yourself.   :123:

ol
Black Mk 1 abs with fairings and full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips, Beowolf Rad grill, carbon pillion seat cover, extenda fender, T30 evos. 22 mm bar risers, adjustable levers, Tom Tom 400 premium Sat Nav
Manhoc Social Secretary

#246

Offline richardcbf

  • CBF God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4063
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
  • Country: england
Re: Our service costs
Reply #246 on: 23 January, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
*Originally Posted by Minotaur # 3 [+]
I just emailed 1stline (arnos Grove, London) to ask about the 40k service. Here's their answer - seems reasonable, but then I'm new around here:
 :465:

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your enquiry.
A 40,000 mile service on your bike is a basic service which is approx 195.
We would carry out the following:
□   Replace engine oil with Castrol semi synthetic oil
□   Replace oil filter with a Honda OEM filter
□   Remove the brake pads to inspect, clean and re-fit.
□   Clean brake callipers of dirt and brake dust
□   Inspect, adjust and lubricate drive chain
□   Top up coolant
□   Lubricate footpegs hinges, locks, stands and clutch cable (?   :110:)
□   Inspect for leaks on the engine, coolant, transmission, brakes, clutch and suspension
□   Inspect tyres and rims for wear and damage
□   Inspect disc brakes for wear and damage
□   Inspect exhaust condition
□   Inspect brake levers for correct operation, feel and brake fluid level
□   Check starter motor and battery by way of a startability test (?  :008:)
□   Inspect throttle feel and operation
□   Check clutch and gear change feel and operation
□   Listen to engine note and adjust idle speed if required (?  :110:)
□   Check horn and all lights are operating correctly
□   Inspect steering feel and operation

We are a solus Honda main dealer and an approved service centre.
Please call us to book your bike into our workshop.

Kind Regards
Isn't a 40,000 mile service the same as a 20,000 mile service? (See attached)
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

#247

Offline Robo

  • CBF God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4322
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Re: Our service costs
Reply #247 on: 23 January, 2015, 06:48:05 PM
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]

Oh Yea, and he will adjust the idle speed if required, clever that seeing as it is not adjustable.


Or clutch cable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where is that on my bike  :462:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

#248

Offline Minotaur # 3

  • CBF Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Bike: cbf1000 a9
  • City / Town: london
Re: Our service costs
Reply #248 on: 24 January, 2015, 04:20:46 PM
I did the oil and filter changes on my old 125. A couple of reasons I wanted a honda centre to do it this time though:

1. I've just bought the bike so would like it done by someone with the experience (ie. Not me!) and really knows their way around Athens bike
2. All the previous services are in the book from the same honda dealer. I thought it may help maintain the value if I kept the bike consistently serviced by main dealers.

Does that make sense?
 :435:

#249

Offline Minotaur # 3

  • CBF Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Bike: cbf1000 a9
  • City / Town: london
Re: Our service costs
Reply #249 on: 24 January, 2015, 04:39:21 PM
Athens bike? Curse you spell checker... A honda bike