Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screw in rear tire with 10,000 kms  (Read 450 times)

Offline RRR

• City / Town: Calgary
Screw in rear tire with 10,000 kms
« on: 29 June, 2011, 07:26:18 AM »
I recently removed a screw that was sticking out of my rear tire by about 3/4 of an inch at about a 45 degree angle.  The screw actually was in head first which I presume kept it from going in deeper.  I removed the screw and haven't noticed if it is loosing any air.  It's been a few days and I tried a fast soap and water test on the hole to check for any air escaping.  The dealership said a sport bike tire can not be repaired so I will ride it in for them to check out to see if it should replaced.  Any advice?
« Last Edit: 29 June, 2011, 07:29:21 AM by RRR »

Offline melb_rider

• CBF Master
Re: Screw in rear tire with 10,000 kms
« Reply #1 on: 29 June, 2011, 07:53:02 AM »
no puncture = no problem!

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: GTR 1400
  • City / Town: Swindon
Re: Screw in rear tire with 10,000 kms
« Reply #2 on: 29 June, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »
 :0461: No puncture = no problem

Punctures in the tyres for the Biffer can normally be repaired in the UK by a tyre dealer, depending on where the puncture is and providing it hasn't caused any significant damage to the tyre's carcass. In the UK you can normally have two puncture repairs per tyre.

Some manufacturers advise against it and some people don't like the idea of puncture repairs but I have had a number of puncture repairs over the years without any problems.

You would be better of going to a motorcycle tyre dealer rather than a motorcycle dealer for an opinion.

Steve
There are only solutions

diverse-leafy