Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyre Preferences  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Chunky

Re: Tyre Preferences
« Reply #30 on: 07 January, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »
I've done 6000 miles on 057 mixture of riding including day at the ring in damp and dry. Encountered river like conditions in France and Germany and found rear good in wet and dry, getting good mileage and it does not seem to square off badly when having to use too many autoroutes. I'm not however impressed with the front in the wet which struggles and will be changing to something a bit more sticky. interested to see that others are using combo's with Bridgestone - has anybody any other suggestions?

Chunky

Offline tony

• CBF Master
  • CBF`S There Greeaat!
« Reply #31 on: 07 January, 2007, 09:32:51 PM »
Early days yet but just got back from 180 miles in  :cha_20_62: :172: weather.

The Michelin Pilots on my bike have been superb geat grip and very reasuring,

I`ve not had michelins before but I am Impressed.

T

Offline paulg

• CBF Member
« Reply #32 on: 08 January, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »
got rid of the pilots after 900 miles replaced em with 020's, now feels like the bike (front end) is actually connected to the road somehow (witchcraft maybe) lol. now starting to enjoy the new bike as much as i enjoyed the 600. bikes been solid fer 250 miles no slips n slides n corners well, conditions taken into account i'm lookin forward to summer n some dry roads  :152:

Offline Big Bear

• Original site owner
  • Non Active
« Reply #33 on: 08 January, 2007, 12:01:11 PM »
Anyone know if they are still coming in with both types of tyre (Bridgestone and Michelin).

Heard someone say they were only arriving shod with BT057's now.

:18:

Offline vlassishlk

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A (06)
  • City / Town: Eyboia
« Reply #34 on: 09 January, 2007, 04:54:10 PM »
I have never used Michelins on my previous bikes, but I must admit that they are superb. So far never had a scary moment because of them

Offline LittleInsect

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000FA/CB600F
  • City / Town: Ashford
« Reply #35 on: 10 January, 2007, 08:25:06 AM »
Nope some are still coming in with Michelins, although as Honda have persuaded Bridgestone to make a dedicated BT57 just for the CBF1000, this will probably change in the near future, when they will all come in with BT57s

diverse-leafy