Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear Brake pads ?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline martins cbf1000

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBR1100BLACKBIRD
  • City / Town: newport
Re: Rear Brake pads ?
« Reply #10 on: 01 December, 2006, 04:12:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by rider [+]
mines non ABS and did find the back brake useless till the pads bedid in now fine use it all the time   

Hi martins,
after how many miles your rear brake began to work well?
 :) Rider
to be honist cant remember,but if some poeple only use it now and again its never going to bed in i use combined brakeing all the time now,i no alot of poeple that never even use the rear brake,being as most of your stopping power is with the front brake,i spose i was 1 ov em till my last two bikes use it all the time now, plus is better just rear on the loose stuff,
CBR1100XX its not for girls,

Offline Keef

• CBF Pro
Re: Rear Brake pads ?
« Reply #11 on: 09 December, 2006, 05:55:28 PM »
Just for the record, when you aply the rear branke on a CBF 1000, the front brake comes on too - lnked braking they call it. It seems to work oppositely to the BMW linked brakes, which apply the back brake as well when you use the front brake lever only (but allow you to use only the back brake with the back brake pedal).

My back brake seems to work OK, but needs a few applications before it starts doing so -then it's really not bad at all, I use it quite a lot. When you really want to slow dwon sharpish, you just add the front brake.

I do believe the standard brake pads are sintered (metal flakes embedded in the pad material), though maybe some other makes work better than the OEM versions.