Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: PR3 longevity  (Read 5607 times)

Offline golfsharpy12

• CBF Legend
  • RG500 - 2-stroke heaven (Dum Spiro Spero)
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marlow & Gloucs
Re: PR3 longevity
« Reply #40 on: 28 June, 2011, 06:58:59 PM »
This Guys whole story smacks of Scam - 10000 miles - no flatspoting or really discernable wear.  Then he does the same to the front while conveniently directly behind his girlfriend and piles into her tail end.   She witnesses the tread breaking up - normally I would assume she would be looking ahead.  Also what was he doing so close to her tail end - it is all too convenient. Finally, tyre pressures set differently to the recommended pressures!!!!.   Either this is deliberate bad publicity from an interested party (another Tyre manufacturer) or a scam to try and make money.  Sorry but something does not add up.   If it was a design failure - considering the no of sales of PR3s sold then where is the evidence of repeat failure.   Also if he was half sensible he would have changed both and not ride until the front failed.

Sorry but something stinks or is at best very unfortunate (parked in an acid bath perhaps).  I wait with interest to see the overall outcome. 

« Last Edit: 28 June, 2011, 07:00:40 PM by golfsharpy12 »

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
« Reply #41 on: 28 June, 2011, 08:04:33 PM »
Yeah, I don't buy it either. Mine show wear after 3000miles that would show on those pictures. There's also a bizarre lack of damage to the back of that car considering his front tyre disintegrated after interstate speeds and buried him in the back of it. Still, I'll be keeping a close eye on my rubber as summer leaves us (you know it's always hottest at the start of autumn!)
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline RadMan

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2012 CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: Jordan Stn., ON
« Reply #42 on: 28 June, 2011, 11:39:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
The chap states that he consistently runs the PR3's at 33 front and 36 rear - all that I have come across on these tyres on Mich sites and also from Mich themselves is that the recommended pressures are 36 front and 42 rear - are there different measurements in the USA or do Mich produce a different tyre specifically for the USA - any Canuck able to shed light on this?

Andy

:149:

I believe the recommended pressures are determined by the bike manufacturer, but the last several years and for our type of bikes 36F & 42R has been the recommended pressure on every bike I've owned.  Same tire here as it is in the UK from what i can determine.

Offline arizonarocket

• CBF Master
« Reply #43 on: 29 June, 2011, 04:00:09 AM »
Yes .. on closer inspection that accident picture does look a bit off .. the rear of the Murano, with the exception of the window, looks untouched. 

Offline gronno

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF, GasGas, XS
  • City / Town: Haverfordwest
« Reply #44 on: 29 June, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
I don't think it's a scam, he's just thick. High road surface temp, reasonably high road speed and too low tyre pressures = over heating and chunking of the tyre. He's screwed as far as a claim goes because of the tyre pressure.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #45 on: 29 June, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
Yea but some Yankeeee ambulance chasing lawyer will get his rocks off on this one scam or not.  Most of the Yankee Fazer site posts seem convinced/suckered in (take your pick) and the likely outcome I recon will be an out of court settlement by Mich just to stop the potential adverse publicity - it seem to be what the Yankeeees do and a handy revenue raiser it proves to be for some :232:

Andy

Offline born biker

• CBF Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 FD
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #46 on: 29 June, 2011, 06:16:13 PM »
Looking at Biffermans photos and those of the defective tyre. Is it fitted the right way around for the direction of travel? It certainly is the opposite of the new tyre photo but that isn't mounted on a bike.

For my tuppence worth if my rear tyre looked like this I would be watching the front like a hawk and not trusting it at all.
older but no wiser!

Offline Nuff

• CBF God
  • Bike: Black A7
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
« Reply #47 on: 29 June, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »
Yes, that's the right way to fit the tyre to the bike. Or mine are fitted the wrong way round too....
Take my advice or not, I really don't care. I'm just telling you what I think and would do on my bike.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #48 on: 30 June, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
My tyres are mounted correctly.  To be 100% certain there is a direction arrow on the sidewall so it is actually unlikely any fitter worth his salt would mount the wrong way.  (Did you know there is also a right and wrong way round to fit the brake disc ?).  There was a post on hear 18 months or so ago where some tyre fitter did manage to mount a PR2 the wrong way round - professionals eh :138:

Andy

diverse-leafy