Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Tyres Tomorrow 23rd Feb  (Read 667 times)

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2008 CBF1000 ABS
New Tyres Tomorrow 23rd Feb
« on: 22 February, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »
Getting a new set of tyres fitted on the CBF1000 tomorrow.

Settling for Bridgestone 023's, fiited at Feltham Tyres by Heathrow.

Cost fitted is £253.00.

For the record, the original BT57's lasted a shade under 10000 miles with no problems.

The replacement BT021's have done just over 10000 miles again no problems. Still a little bit of live left in them, but have started to square off a bit
as my journey to work is now longer and straighter. :013:

PS I've been using  Puncture Safe / Ultraseal for years with no problems and I'll be putting it in the new tyres as soon as I get the bike home.

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2008 CBF1000 ABS
Re: New Tyres Tomorrow 23rd Feb
« Reply #1 on: 22 February, 2011, 03:17:45 PM »
Just to add..........

Nice and dry this afternoon, so went and got the tyres today.

Bike turned around in 25 minutes.

The handling now seems a lot sharper than the 021's.

:001:

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
Hi Andycbf

Obvious is obvious - you are a 'Stone' man :038:   Everything I hear and read about the BT023's is that they are the BT021's that never quite got there and are a SUPERB tyre.  I went for the new PR3's (being a Mitch person) but my immediate runners up were the BT023 and the Dunlop Roadspamarts.  

My PR3's are sharper than the PR2's  partly I think because I am back on  an unworn profile and partly because Mich have re-engineered the carcase and made the tyre lighter and marginally more flexible.

Ride safe

Andy

:149:
« Last Edit: 22 February, 2011, 03:43:27 PM by Bifferman »

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #3 on: 22 February, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
Hi Andycbf

Obvious is obvious - you are a 'Stone' man :038:   Everything I hear and read about the BT023's is that they are the BT021's that never quite got there and are a SUPERB tyre.  I went for the new PR3's (being a Mitch person) but my immediate runners up were the BT023 and the Dunlop Roadspamarts.  

My PR3's are sharper than the PR2's  partly I think because I am back on  an unworn profile and partly because Mich have re-engineered the carcase and made the tyre lighter and marginally more flexible.

Ride safe

Andy

:149:

:0461: Got mine to-day - greasy roads through the lakes, poor surfaces, heavy overbanding, 'trench' repairs, Leaves mulching on near side of roads, twisty roads, new tyres. No complaint, after only 80 miles 'running in'. Mind you I am still looking for a tyre that grips on wet smooth metal manhole covers..... :110:

Main delight was that 'tram lining' was almost entirely absent. I'm looking forward to some dry roads to get better acquainted - but am happy so far! :047:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

diverse-leafy