Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: head light bulb replacement  (Read 703 times)

Offline CORNWALLPAUL

• CBF Pro
head light bulb replacement
« on: 19 February, 2009, 10:13:45 AM »
Hi Guys i have bought some of these Hiv bulbs have i got to take off the side fairings to fit the bulbs or can i do it by feel?

Offline Snibor

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAA
Re: head light bulb replacement
« Reply #1 on: 19 February, 2009, 06:06:51 PM »
Hi CORNWALLPAUL,I changed mine a couple of weeks ago and I doubt if you could do it without removing the side panels.Having done it so many times it now takes about 5 minutes per panel to remove and a wee bit longer to refit.-Snibor

Offline CORNWALLPAUL

• CBF Pro
« Reply #2 on: 19 February, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »
cheers snibor

Offline johnstg2

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: 20 February, 2009, 09:13:35 PM »
If you look in the "latest articles" section on the right of the screen there is an excellent step by step guide to removing/refitting the side panels. I think this job would be virtually impossible with the panels in place.

Here's an other tip - Do one side then take the bike for a run, then do the other side. Why? Because if removing/refitting the side panels causes a rattle/buzz you will know which side has caused the problem!
Boys never grow up - their toys just get more expensive.

Offline egbert100

• CBF Pro
« Reply #4 on: 22 February, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »
Headlight bulb went yesterday whilst out for a run, home before dark so not a problem. Will try and replace by feel alone and see how we go !!

By the way the bulbs are Osram nightbreakers and this one lasted 12 months and probably about 5000 miles of riding.

Offline spartan117

• CBF Legend
« Reply #5 on: 22 February, 2009, 11:24:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by egbert100 [+]
Headlight bulb went yesterday whilst out for a run, home before dark so not a problem. Will try and replace by feel alone and see how we go !!

By the way the bulbs are Osram nightbreakers and this one lasted 12 months and probably about 5000 miles of riding.

If you've not already changed the bulb M8 you might want to check out some of the posts above, might save you some time and effort, just a suggestion.
"Kissing frogs makes you squirm, kissing tarmac makes you scream, keep upright."

Offline CORNWALLPAUL

• CBF Pro
« Reply #6 on: 23 February, 2009, 09:47:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by spartan117 [+]
*Originally Posted by egbert100 [+]

i,ve just fittd osram nightbreakers,they certainly make a difference

If you've not already changed the bulb M8 you might want to check out some of the posts above, might save you some time and effort, just a suggestion.
I,ve just fitted Osram Nightbreakers certainly makes a difference.

Offline egbert100

• CBF Pro
« Reply #7 on: 24 February, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »
Great news... bulb changed without removing a single nut / bolt.

I knew one day small hands would come in useful...

Bike on the side stand with the steering to the left. Hand down inside the fairing and removed the dust cover and released the clip no problem.

Then knelt at the side of the bike, one had from the top and one up from the bottom of the fairing to release and then refit the bulb to the wiring connector. Back from the top, popped the bulb back in place and refitted the clip / dust cover. About 5 mins all in from thinking how the hell do I do this to job complete. Much quicker than last time when I took the alternate route and removed the screen and clock surround.

At least I know now I can do this one the road if needed.

Offline Snibor

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAA
« Reply #8 on: 24 February, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
Hi egbert100,well I wouldn't have believed it was possible but you've done the deed,great stuff! - Snibor

Offline egbert100

• CBF Pro
« Reply #9 on: 25 February, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »
Perhaps I could offer my new found ability as a service to those not wanting to strip the bike down to change a bulb. I could get a stall at rallies and events, I could advertise in the bike mags.....

Don't want to get carried away but I think I've finally found my niche..

Oh happy days indeed  :mfrlol: